+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Re: Parenthood

this show has way too few episodes!...
    I agree. It seems like the viewer just begins to settle in with the show and then, suddenly, the plug is pulled. Way way too short of a season!
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fogey

Last night was the season finale, not the series finale, right? It almost seemed that they were wrapping up the show. Drew is going away to college, Amber and Ryan are together and everything looks rosy, Christine is cancer-free, the Luncheonette is doing well, Crosby and Jasmine are going to have a baby, Renee is out of the house and all is forgiven, Joel and what's the other sister's name (?) have adopted Victor and everyone is happy. The only completely open-ended story is of Sarah and Hank, and whether she'll move to Minnesota, which I doubt unless the actress wants to leave the show. I don't see how they could continue to feature her character effectively if she moves far away ... unless Hank decides to move back for some reason, and I kind of feel that Ray Romano doesn't want to be a regular. Maybe Sarah will get back with Mark after all... even though I think he'd be somewhat of a fool to take her back under the circumstances.

I loved the resolution to the story about Victor, even though his turnaround was kind of sudden after a point, but I guess we're supposed to believe that the commitment to go ahead with the adoption let him know how much he was loved and wanted.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 01-23-2013 at 11:13 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah...re Victor--did something happen last week, other than their deciding to go forward? I was traveling then and missed it. I agree, all very tied up other than Sarah--and I agree about Mark--she wanted the other guy but he moved away...why would you get back together with her? I think Renee might move back in to help with the new baby, but we'll see...

Yeah. They did wrap up a lot of loose ends as though the series will end. However, I've read that the show was picked up. Maybe is wasn't!

I really want Sarah with Mark BUT she made it clear to him that she's going to try to work things out with Hank (ugh!). I hope Mark has some pride and, if the situation presents itself, he makes Sarah work to get him back. Anybody know if RR wants off the show?

FORT Fogey

I don't know anything for sure about RR, but if he comes back (and why would he, given that Hank's reason for moving was so important and admirable), he'll just be a small part of a huge ensemble cast. Just my guess that it wouldn't be enough for him as an actor accustomed to being more of a featured player. How much does the other sister's husband have to do on the show? Not much.

I was kind of hoping for a few more unresolved story lines so that it would feel more like a season rather than series finale lol. We do have a really long time to wait for the next season to start though, so maybe that's why things were tied up so nicely. I'm a sucker for happy endings. I hope Sarah is without a man for awhile. She seems so lost in knowing who she is, which makes it no surprise she has relationship issues. I hope Ray is gone, I never did warm up to Hank.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Parenthood was officially renewed. Yay!
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    Parenthood was officially renewed. Yay!
    Yay here too! Any idea when the new season begins?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I was just coming to post this! Yay!!!
    At the time this past season ended, I remember thinking I'd be okay if it didn't come back. I felt like the storylines were wrapped up rather nicely except for the unresolved stuff with Hank. But now that I know it's coming back, I'm super happy

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Great news! I hope Hank stays gone....

+ Reply to Thread