+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Re: Parenthood

THis continues to be 1 of my favorite shows. It's just so real that sometimes it's scary....
    I think the little girl was being a bit bratty, but I totally understand how she feels about suddenly sharing the attention with a sibling. I agree that Victor needs help with his anger issues. Siblings can often be like that with each other. And, unfortunately, sometimes they do hurt each other.
    I think Christina is very realistic in the scenes with the wig. I've known many women who've gone through the chemo and her acting is right on.
    THis show is actually the first time I've liked Ray Romano in a while. I do like his schlubby character. I do really like Jason Ritter's character though, too. So, I am happy with either of them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Great episode tonight. I have to say I'm in Julia's corner concerning Victor at the moment. I don't know if I'd want to continue with the adoption, either, although I realize that adopting an older child probably comes with an inevitable set of problems. She's been really patient, but I can see how it seems to her to be getting worse.

Loved the very frank and realistic portrayal of Max and the shower issue ... and how funny was that at the end when he casually listed the areas he washed with soap as he strolled down the hall. Also liked that he said he wasn't ready for the girls and sex discussion.

Mother-in-law Renee needs to take one of those jobs and move on out! She'll be there forever waiting for the perfect job to come along ... I agree with Crosby ... and she could continue to look for a job she likes better while she's working and making a living! Now she's doing her other grown kid's laundry in their house while he sits there and eats their groceries! Maybe my perspective is skewed because I don't have a MIL or any mooching relatives.

Only two more episodes this season ... phooey!
    Marlena_M likes this.

Wow another great episode. Loved the whole thing with Max! My son is an Aspie and is about the same age as Max (13 1/2) and they are doing a really good job of portraying things with him. My kid too, has to be goaded into the shower. I loved it when Kristina finally goes "I'll give you a bag of skittles if you take a shower!", just to get him to destink. There are a lot of things that are not the same, but all Aspie's are different. My son, definitely starting to show interest in girls LOL.

My heart really hurt for Drew too, poor kid. Glad to see Sarah and Mark possibly getting back together. Hank is a dud.

I can't believe there are only two episodes left! How is that possible? Bleh.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I loved the most recent episode and went from crying to laughing throughout the hour.

Max's story is a hoot. LOVED the way his grandparents interacted with both Max and Christna. So darn honest, funny.....and true!

Wow, do I feel sorry for Crosby!!! Situations like his are probably happening all over America right now and I can only imagine how difficult it can be for ALL the parties involved.

Drew's story broke my heart. As much as I hurt for his girlfriend, I think the writers did an excellent job of portraying how mind boggling/heartbreaking an unexpected teen pregnancy can be for the boy, too. The scene between Drew and his sister had me in tears and watching him break down with his mother, in the final scene, spoke volumes.

Poor Julia! Wow.... I can certainly understand her questioning the adoption right now. I'll admit, I would have lost it. Talk about stress!

I was also happy to see Mark. I want him back with Sarah, pronto. He did give up on her way too quickly! mesachick is right calling Hank a dud. yuck (...and I really like RR. Just not in this role.)
    Last edited by tinderbox; 01-09-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I loved the most recent episode and went from crying to laughing throughout the hour.

Max's story is a hoot. LOVED the way his grandparents interacted with both Max and Christna. So darn honest, funny.....and true!

Wow, do I feel sorry for Crosby!!! Situations like his are probably happening all over America right now and I can only imagine how difficult it can be for ALL the parties involved.

Drew's story broke my heart. As much as I hurt for his girlfriend, I think the writers did an excellent job of portraying how mind boggling/heartbreaking an unexpected teen pregnancy can be for the boy, too. The scene between Drew and his sister had me in tears and watching him break down with his mother, in the final scene, spoke volumes.

Poor Julia! Wow.... I can certainly understand her questioning the adoption right now. I'll admit, I would have lost it. Talk about stress!
    was also happy to see Mark. I want him back with Sarah, pronto. He did give up on her way too quickly! mesachick is right calling Hank a dud. yuck
    I (...and I really like RR. Just not in this role.)

I also agree with the statements about both Mark and Hank. I'm ready for grouchy Hank to leave. Do like Ray Romano but in the Hank role.
    Last edited by Coco46; 01-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also really liked the focus in the teen pregnancy scenes. I liked the way Planned Parenthood was shown...listing the options (even if the boy was tuning out--probably very realistic!)...liked that they didn't decide to be teen parents just because his mom did it more or less. Liked the focus on the boy...not that the girl was neglected, but they had him say all the right things...but still be devastated.

The Max scenes were really funny, and touching. The adoption issue...I can't help but feel that with a child of that age some contact with his bio mom, who is, after all, in jail for many years,not going to be coming to lure him away, might help him adjust. It's not like he's 6 months old and is going to forget her...how is he supposed to blank her out? She may have been a druggie, but when she wasn't drugging she may have been a good mom to him, from his perspective. Surely some kind of semi open adoption could be arranged? Things were going fine until he was told he couldn't tell his bio mom how he was doing. I;m surprised the social worker is so adamant about cutting off contact...at least I think that is where this is coming from.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    The wig issue broke my heart. I can't imagine what women in this situation go through, emotionally, during this time. Thank goodness the quality of wigs has come a very long way in recent years.

As an aside... I think the actress who plays Christina looked lovely with the darker/auburn hair color. Not so much that particular wig...but the color.

Yeah. the talking over each other stuff, while unique during the first season, has become offputting and bothersome. I don't want to see it disappear but I think it needs to be toned down. The actors are overdoing it!

I read your spoiler, JunkieGirl. Interesting....
    "If it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage." It's the writers, not the actors, that cause the characters to talk at the same time.

I love Hank - I think he's so different and brings out an interesting quality in Sarah. I work with a man like Hank and while I'd never tell him or anyone else in the office, I really get a kick out of him. He's different and you're not always sure which "Hank" is gonna show up for your conversation but it's always an interesting one! LOL!

My mother had breast cancer... two different bouts of it. She also had chemo but never lost her hair. I'm at an age where I have had many friends go through chemo and lose their hair - it's quite a different experience for each of them. Some found it devastating while some found it liberating. Don't slay me but IMO the makeup folks have done a pretty awful job with Kristina's bald head. It just is way too big - to the point of looking like an alien. I'm sure it's because Monica Potter has a lot of hair they have to accommodate under there but the size of Kristina's bald head throws me off.

Love the stuff between Adam and Max!
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 01-11-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree about her head size...odd. She looks like those aliens on that TV show ages ago...they had a kind of brown spotted freckly pattern on their bald heads.

"If it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage." It's the writers, not the actors, that cause the characters to talk at the same time.
    I hear what you're saying and agree with you, in general, BUT I do believe the actors are adlibbing many of the overtalk lines this season.

Another good episode! Glad it was a bit lighter in the drama department. Love that Kristina rallied the PTA and got the vending machines back in the schools for Max. Aspie kids are not the popular kids, so it was cool to see Max get that moment of acceptance by his peers. Jasmine's mom needs to go! I totally get where Crosby is coming from too. Nice to see Ryan getting back on his feet. He had to swallow some humble pie which is good. Amber is playing it right too. How did Sarah manage to raise such a responsible kid? LOL Still not feeling Victor and the adoption. Hopefully next week will tie that up in a happy way. Can't believe season finale already. This show has way too few episodes! At least it's coming back next year!
    Coco46 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread