+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Parenthood

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Parenthood

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I was plesantly surprised to see Jason Ritter's character mentioned in last night's show, Sarah feeling bad about seeing him pictured with "another woman" AND the fact that he is appearing in the next epidode. I thought he was a goner. Hopefully, there's a chance for a reconciliation.

I like Ray Romano but not this character, on this show,....especially having him romantically involved with Sarah.

What do you think?
    I don't like the character that Ray Romano is playing. He's kind of a schlub. I did read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jason Ritter's storyline was not done yet, nor his involvement with Sarah. Sooooo wonder what will become of this?
    I prefer Sarah with Jason.

The talking over each other stuff is just driving me nuts. I don't pay as much attention because it is constant. Ugh.
    Moontat likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

The wig issue broke my heart. I can't imagine what women in this situation go through, emotionally, during this time. Thank goodness the quality of wigs has come a very long way in recent years.

As an aside... I think the actress who plays Christina looked lovely with the darker/auburn hair color. Not so much that particular wig...but the color.

Yeah. the talking over each other stuff, while unique during the first season, has become offputting and bothersome. I don't want to see it disappear but I think it needs to be toned down. The actors are overdoing it!

I read your spoiler, JunkieGirl. Interesting....
    Moontat likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think JunkieGirl's spoiler might just relate to the stuff we saw in the preview....

I hope that Jason Ritter has more appearances. I too, prefer Sarah with him than with Hank. Hopefully this whole pregnancy thing will bring Sarah and Jason back together. Kristina's storyline continues to be done superbly.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

My question : last night was Victors little sister taunting him about how his `real` mother does not love him? Wasn`t that what she kept saying over and over before he threw the bat through the window? Does Julia know her daughter was saying those terrible things? I will be very sad if Julia decides to return Victor like hes a puppy. No, Ill be angry. Ive never warmed up to Julia, until the beginning of this season. Her storyline from last year, trying to buy a baby, just made me despise her. It made me feel like she has everything, but that everything is not good enough. I know most people wanted her to get the baby, but for me I kept thinking `all the money in the world can`t always get you what you want. Be appreciative of what you do have. Which is so much more than most people. Right now, my heart is just breaking for Victor. I do love that Julia had started to mature and grow emotionally and when she kept her promise to Victor to wait for him by the school all day, that made me tear up a little. I just hope she can comprehend and accept that Victor, through no fault of his own, is going to take a long time to bond with her as a real mother and son-that it has nothing to do with her. Joel has an easier time of it with Victor, because my understanding is there wasn't any father in the picture. But, Joel is so much easier going it might feel `safe` for Victor to be around someone who isnt trying so hard. .Oh, and the girl who plays the little daughter, a few years ago, a whole episode was spent dealing with the fact Julia and Joel had spoiled her(they refused to acknowledge it until one tantrum too many) but she still has a bratty nature. I realize shes afraid Victor is taking her place because of the attention he is getting, and I do not expect a child to understand the complexities of adopting an older sibling, but come on, she was so cruel last night toward Victor and now he`s being looked at as the problem by Julia. Like she is going to get rid of him. She made a slip of the tongue talking with Joel ,kdefining their daughter as their child while calling Victor `him.` You could see the suprise in Joels face and a bit of guilt and shame in Julias face for saying it. Again, I hope it comes out her daughter was taunting Victor , that she was egging him on to do something. P.S. I like the talking over each other because it reminds me that most families do that-and its just one more touch of realism.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That's exactly what the daughter was doing. Of course if the metal bat had gone a little lower it could have killed the daughter---no matter what she was saying what Victor did was extremely dangerous... and no way did it "slip" out of his hand. I see where Julia is coming from...she doesn't know what her daughter said, and now she is seeing that Victor could actually hurt her daughter, to whom she also has a serious obligation (forgetting the issue of who she loves "more", etc.). It seems to me it would be helpful to Victor to be able to write to his bio mom...open adoption style...he loves her even if she's a drug addict, and she loved him enough to give him up when she knew she wouldn't be out in time to take care of him in his childhood. Yes, it might make it a little slower to see Julia as the "real" mom, but with a child of that age that seems a reasonable thing to do. This mess could set back all the great progress they were making with Victor.

I don't think the daughter was being cruel at all. She is just jealous. She has been the only child for many years, then suddenly she is supposed to accept the fact that she has an older brother - from basically thin air? We've never seen the parents sit down with her and explain about adoption and all that it means. Sure Victor has issues, but it doesn't mean you just push your other child off to the side the way that they have done the past few episodes. I am adopted, and I totally get why she is acting out the way that she is. What Victor did was inexcusable. Siblings chide each other all the time, but throwing a baseball bat at your sister just because she is pushing your buttons is a big red flag.

Yes, she's super jealous AND extremely cruel.

His reaction was over the top but I bet it's not unusual for one sibling to physically hurt another during a fight. Probably happens every day. I'm not saying it's appropriate behavior just that it's not ucommon.

I don't find it usual at all to have one child try to bean one of it's siblings with a baseball bat. I've never hurt or been hurt physically by any of my siblings (on purpose anyway lol). The level at which he reacted, especially a boy towards a younger sister, I would not say it is common at all.

FORT Fogey

The girl was definitely taunting him ... not that that's a reason to throw a bat at her, but she needs a good talking-to, as well.

What about Jasmine's mother moving in with them? Is it just to give that family a story line, because I was thinking Crosby might have suggested she move in with Adam and Christina temporarily instead, to help Christina with the kids while she's going through this difficult time.

+ Reply to Thread