+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Re: Parenthood

We can't find anything online to suggest it isn't coming back... I would assume so. Even though it does seem like they wrapped a lot of storylines up. But, I remember they did the same thing last year. When Adam thought Haddie was pregnant...they didn't leave us hang all summer. They let us know it was Kristina at the end of the finale.

I just finished watching....I thought it was a good episode.

As for the new offer, "more than doubled"...so I'm guessing in the $3-5 million range. Even for Crosby (who used to live on a boat), that is a LOT of money to walk away from. Does he plan to NEVER sell the place? And, if it's such a good place to own, why didn't someone try to snatch it out from under them?

I was laughing at Adam and Crosby's living room fight. They had to have had some good fights as kids...lol...

It was nice of them to wrap the story of Zoe with her showing up to apologize. That had to be a hard moment and I was glad Jules returned the watch...nice of her to remember to give it back.

I thought Sara did the right thing letting Mark go. He is still young and of course wants kids (no matter what his face says otherwise). Smart of him to realize what it all meant to her and propose to show he IS sticking around and is sincere. I'd like to see her happy...women marry younger men all the time anymore, it's not unusual.

Is it me, or did the adoption service office look like it was in a strip mall?

What's a wedding without the typical sleezbag? He did a fabulous job! From hitting on every woman to sleeping thru the toast.

I thought Haddie needed a storyline. Since the boyfriend, she really hasn't had one. I wonder if next year she's going to be shown even less (because of going to college) or she WILL get a story.

I knew Adam was going to get a case of the guilts and decline the offer. Guess it was the right thing to do, but, who couldn't use that money? Wonder if that decision will come back to bite them in the you-know-what!?

I didn't see anything that indicated Drew used protection? I know SHE could have, but, like I tell my son (when the time is here): NEVER trust the girl. Don't leave YOUR protection in her hands! I hope they were safe about it...they seem like smart kids.... And, Drew... You left your socks on? Really?! And Sara is an idiot. How could she not figure out what they were up to? Nervous, sweaty, MISSING?! Hello?? I was annoyed she was naive about that!

I didn't realize Joel & Jules were open to an older kid. I thought they said they wanted a 'baby'?? As someone asked, I'm sure they have a bed for him.... Doesn't Jabbar sleep over occasionally? I'm not sure I understand tho... The mother gave up her rights as to NOT put him in system. So, does this mean they are going to adopt him? IF she changes her mind (which they said she could [if she gets outta jail]), she could take him back. Isn't it 'like' being in the foster system then? This should be a good story....
    Last edited by Ryansmom; 03-02-2012 at 08:15 AM.

FORT Fogey

I saw an online list of shows that are endangered, and this was one of them. Hope it comes back. I want to see Christina kick Adam's a$$ for throwing away their financial security for the sake of his eternally juvenile brother.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Has there ever been a season of Parenthood which ended with the series not being in danger of not being renewed? That always seems to keep me from really investing 100% (though, admittedly, I'm in about 75%)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

It sure seemed the finale was going to be their swan song in that they tied up just about every plotline.
    I hope it returns as I love the show.
    I could do without Crosby, though, as I don't like the actor who plays him at all. I realize that Crosby's character is supposed to be juvenile and ridden with problems.
    I do think that a better actor would make the character lovable. I just don't see him as a good actor. I think all the others are exceptional.
    And, I have to give kudos to Peter Krause. I've never been a fan of his, but his acting is so realisticl on this show that I've really grown to like him.
    NBC, please do not cancel this show.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I loved Peter Krause on Dirty Sexy Money. LOVED him on that show and that made me tune in to Parenthood.
    Funny thing, though... he got mad raves on SixFeetUnder and I just couldn't get into that one. Go figure.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Dax Shepard and maybe that is why I can't stand Crosby.
    norealityhere likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I loved Peter Krause on Dirty Sexy Money. LOVED him on that show and that made me tune in to Parenthood.
    Funny thing, though... he got mad raves on SixFeetUnder and I just couldn't get into that one. Go figure.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Dax Shepard and maybe that is why I can't stand Crosby.
    I never saw or knew of Dax Shepard before this show. And, I really don't like him at all on it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I never saw or knew of Dax Shepard before this show. And, I really don't like him at all on it.
    I just find him so unlikely as this stud who can get all the attractive women. His ex, the autism therapist, the cellist.... He's scrawny with no chin to speak of, his hair (all of it!) looks awful, his head is tiny, his character is immature, etc., etc. I know musicians are supposed to be super sexy just by being musicians, but just don't see it.
    Not that his looks rule him out for all parts, but he just isn't suited for this one.
    norealityhere likes this.

Just started watching Season 3. Not a big fan of the new music during the opening. (In fact, I HATE it!). A royalties issue with the previous tune?

Any word on whether it;s been renewed or axed?

Renewed for next fall for short season... 13 episodes.

Better than nothin
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread