+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Charmed

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    The season premiere is 2 hours long!!! Plus, Evan Marriot is gonna be guest starring...eeeeesh...that's a little scary. I'm taping it, but I'm looking forward to the new season.
    I have to admit, I was looking for Evan through the entire episode and almost fell off my chair when I saw him!!!

The latest episode about the "dirty blondes" is pretty funny. They were so stupid!

"When I get Paige's orbing powers, I'm going to orb someplace real exotic...like Fort Lauderdale!"

I am a late comer to Charmed, having almost caught entirely up by reruns played on my Tivo.

I just had to say that I love the love stories of Piper/Leo (totally cried when he left her to become an elder) but especially Phoebe/Cole. The one thing that irks me about what they did to the Cole character by making him crazy was that it was totally Phoebe's fault that he kept becoming and fighting being evil. Phoebe blamed him, but it was her fault in the first place. He kept being thrown into it and around it because of her, sometimes at her request, sometimes to save her life and sometimes just because she chose to be a charmed one and chase after demons. She even stopped him when he finally found a way to get rid of the source inside of him AFTER he only became the source when he was tricked into it to save her life, which he did multiple times. I also sort of liked his relationship with Piper and Leo, which had alot of fondness.

Here's my imaginary ending:
    I imagine that Cole -- who was immune to the vanquishing potion that they used because the alchemist had previously transfused his blood before that point in the past -- faked his death and lives with a good witch (Foya) who loves him and does not surround him by evil, though he secretly loves Phoebe beyond all things. He has cast a spell that prevents Phoebe from discovering that he is alive.

In the penultimate episode, Phoebe senses Cole through the feelings of his new witch girlfriend with Phoebe's empathy power (that Cole did not know Phoebe would have so the spell had an achilles heel). Phoebe pursues the woman/innocent trying to get an answer because she thinks that Cole has corrupted another witch with his "love." Piper thinks she should let Cole go, but Phoebe tells them and herself that Cole must actually be more fickle than he lets on and though he obviously was not truly in love with her -- she has never been able to love another like that. Thus, she needs to vanquish him before he hurts more innocent witches by destroying their ability to find a good love. The new girlfriend tries to stay away from Phoebe for fear of her learning of Cole, but ultimately is forced to set Phoebe straight that Phoebe was not the innocent that she has made herself out to be with Cole. While it was okay that Phoebe chose being a charmed one for the better good even though it put Cole in the path of evil -- Phoebe should never have made Cole feel like he was actually evil, especially when the evil was a trick that took over when he saved her life and she was the one that stopped him from getting rid of the source powers when he finally had found a way to do it himself. Now away from Phoebe, and with the good witch that loves him more than anything, he has blossomed as a truly good person with no backsliding. Phoebe realizes the truth in it as she has premonitions of the past events through touching the witch, who knows the stories from Cole and her own investigations. Cole learns that Phoebe knows that he is alive, when he tries to shimmer to his new girlfriend and his spell blocks him so he is forced to use his powers to view his girlfriend to make sure that she is okay and sees Phoebe with her.

In the last episode, Cole tries to explain himself to Phoebe that he had to stage his own death after going back in time made him realize that love was not enough to make it good for either of them. Now, he is with this other person that has stood by him and time has changed things. He won't walk away from his girlfriend, whom he does love. Phoebe, realizing that she hurt him deliberately when he never did anything deliberate to hurt her (as it only was under the influence of dark magic), decides to walk away despite the fact that the charmed ones have fulfilled their destiny and now only Wyatt (Chris?) deals with demons. Phoebe, of course, knows that Cole still loves her more as she sensed his feelings towards both her and the new woman. She tells herself that it is enough for her to know that. The new woman, though, also senses it because it turns out she is also an empath. She goes into a rage at the unfairness, but overcomes the jealousy to tell them that even though she feels that her love for him is as strong as Phoebe's, she does believe that Phoebe's love for Cole is at least as strong as hers, that Phoebe's circumstance as a charmed one was more to blame than Phoebe herself, though she admonishes that Phoebe still does not deserve Cole after making him feel evil when he was doing everything he could to be good. More importantly to her, though, Cole's love for Phoebe is more than she can bear to feel and she can't be with him anyway now that she knows that. Cole has no home anymore with her, and she leaves. Phoebe tells Cole that it is time for her to place him first, if he will give her that chance, and if he won't, she understands but she will not give up on him from then on. Though he plays her a little by pointing out the irony in her wanting him when he had finally quit pursuing her to the point of faking his death to give her a life without him (he can't be too much a softy or he wouldn't be Cole), he then tells her that it is unnecessary for her to prove anything to him and takes her back.

Julian McMahon returns just for the final 2 episodes to give the character the graceful exit that he deserves. Julian, of course, gives a phenomenal performance as the good guy with the demon grin.

Until then, I will watch Nip/Tuck.
    Last edited by kyrjar; 10-14-2003 at 11:13 PM.

Brava! shoot it and air it

You guys are way ahead of me.. is Chris the future Wyatt?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The latest episode about the "dirty blondes" is pretty funny. They were so stupid!

"When I get Paige's orbing powers, I'm going to orb someplace real exotic...like Fort Lauderdale!"
    Yeah, that was hilarious!

I used to think that Chris was Wyatt from the future, but I don't know anymore.

FORT Fogey
    I didn't watch last season, can someone explain what happened between Piper and Leo and why they aren't together?

Leo became the head elder. I don't know if there's a proper name for that position, but he had to leave Piper and Wyatt to assume his duties. Yet, he still orbs down every now and then.

FORT Fogey
    I have to admit I was totally bummed by the whole Piper/Leo thing---I mean, *sigh*, if you can't believe in the true love of Piper & Leo, what is the world coming to? I also miss Cole, he always made things interesting....I just truly believe, in my little idealistic heart of hearts, that true love will eventually prevail....it is tv, after all.

I used to think that Chris was Wyatt from the future, but I don't know anymore.
    Oooooh. Hadn't thought about that one.
    I'm dying to know Chris's secret. Anyone else have any guesses?
    I like to watch - Chance the Gardener, Being There

+ Reply to Thread