+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caprica (SyFy)

Caprica (SyFy)

Set 58 years before Battlestar Galactica, Caprica follows two rival families - the Graystones and the Adamas - as they grow, compete, and thrive in the vibrant world of the peaceful 12 Colonies, living in a society close to our own. Entangled in the burgeoning technology of artificial intelligence and robotics that will eventually lead to the creation of the Cylons, the two houses go toe-to-toe, blending action with corporate conspiracy and sexual politics. Caprica will deliver, intrigue, political backbiting and family conflict in television's first science fiction family saga.

Daniel Graystone, a computer genius, is owner of a large computer corporation that is spearheading the development of artificial intelligence. He and his wife Amanda, who's a brilliant surgeon, are both relentless in their scientific pursuits. The Adama clan is helmed by Joseph Adama, a renowned criminal defense attorney and father of future Battlestar commander William Adama. When tragedy strikes both families, lines are drawn that will determine the fate of the human race.
    I just watched the pilot on Hulu and really liked it. Of course, I'll watch anything with Eric Stolz and I adore Polly Walker.

The show functions on several levels - it's a good family saga, but it's also a pretty complex look at ethics and religion.

I think the show has a lot of promise and I'll definitely keep watching
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: Caprica (SyFy)

LOL - I just started watching the 2000's version of BG the other day. I have a lot of catching up to do.

They put the pilot out weeks ago. Is there actually a series coming out any time soon?

The pilot was okay, but it didn't draw me in instantly like BSG.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3807919;
    They put the pilot out weeks ago. Is there actually a series coming out any time soon?

Yes, the 2 hour pilot was shown last week and this week the series starts.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3807919;

I thought the first hour was weaker than the second, mainly because I was trying to figure out what was going on! I do think the cast is good and the premise is good. I thought it was promising, but not great. I'm hoping they get better as the show continues.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3808078;
    Yes, the 2 hour pilot was shown last week and this week the series starts.
    I saw the pilot well before Christmas! It was on Comcast's On demand as a 2-hour movie.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I saw the Caprica premier.....it was surprisingly decent. I thought they'd botch it like SGU.

I'll keep watching this and see if it evloves in to a great show. They've already revealed the roots of the Cylon belief in Monotheism....pretty good for a first episode.

Hopefully for season 2 they jump forward 18 years and we get to see Husker fighting in the first Cylon war!
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

This episode moved pretty slow, but the show seems to still have a lot of potential and good direction. Hopefully, once the backstory is developed after this first season, more action will follow.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"

FORT Fanatic

isn't it scifi, instead of syfy?

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3813814;
    isn't it scifi, instead of syfy?
    Nope. The name of the station is now SyFy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast