+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caprica (SyFy)

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: Caprica (SyFy)

Well, just tearfully finished watching the last episode of BG. Time to start working on Caprica.

That, and my interest in the original (with Dirk Benedict, Lorne Green & Richard Hatch) has been re-peaked. My sisters mainly watched it back in the day, so it'll be new to me. I can't believe it was only one season.

This show is really coming into its own, very good. Looks like SyFy got one of the spin-offs right.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

FORT Newbie

Anyone watching this still? I'm catching up on S1, so I haven't started S2 yet. I never got into BG, but my husband's a big fan. It's interesting that he's enjoying the show but in a completely different way.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3828375;
    That, and my interest in the original (with Dirk Benedict, Lorne Green & Richard Hatch) has been re-peaked. My sisters mainly watched it back in the day, so it'll be new to me. I can't believe it was only one season.
    The first BG came out when I was a kid and we watched b/c my dad loved the show. I think the show really helped to shape my love of sci fi. Imagine my surprise when the updated version came out and Starbuck was a girl (and Boomer too!). I got over it and loved the second version just as much as the first. Was so, so bummed when it ended.

As far as Caprica, I like it. I do have a bone to pick with the second season, though. Since it's been mentioned that others are trying to catch up, I'll put it in spoilers
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't like how Zoe has barely had any time in the first couple of episodes!!
    I hope this changes SOON!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Breaking: Syfy cancels 'Caprica' | Ausiello | EW.com

Caprica is toast. Syfy has announced that the low-rated Battlestar Galactica prequel has been canceled.

“The remaining first run episodes of Caprica – airing Tuesdays at 10/9c – will be removed from the schedule as of next Tuesday, November 2,” said the network in a statement. “These final five episodes of the season will be re-scheduled to air at a to be announced time in the first quarter of 2011, and will conclude the run of the series.”

“We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for Caprica and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series,” said Mark Stern, EVP of original programming at Syfy. “Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, Caprica has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season.”

The news comes less than a week after Syfy unveiled plans for another Galactica prequel, this one set 10 years into the first Cylon war.
    The new prequel will be called "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome".

With only 5 episodes to go and so close to the holiday season I don't get why the schedulers just don't show them now instead of a maybe in 2011, it's not fair to the fans.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-28-2010 at 09:46 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Why do they have to yank them on Tuesdays? Do they have something better to throw in that timeslot?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4092656;
    Breaking: Syfy cancels 'Caprica' | Ausiello | EW.com

The new prequel will be called "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome".

With only 5 episodes to go and so close to the holiday season I don't get why the schedulers just don't show them now instead of a maybe in 2011, it's not fair to the fans.
    Bearcata, you have broken my heart.

If they had kept the storyline with Zoe in the cylon body, it would've been so much more interesting instead of dealing with all the minor characters. Ah well, I guess we'll have to wait until the final 5 episodes to wrap things up. Caprica had such great potential...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4092883;
    Bearcata, you have broken my heart.

If they had kept the storyline with Zoe in the cylon body, it would've been so much more interesting instead of dealing with all the minor characters. Ah well, I guess we'll have to wait until the final 5 episodes to wrap things up. Caprica had such great potential...
    So sorry. Hope the news of the new prequel helps. Syfy is also adapting BBC's Being Human and they have a webseries up and running called Riese: The Fallen Kingdom which is done in the steampunk genre.

I actually liked this series a lot, I didn't think I would initially. I thought they'd "SGU" BSG, and it would suck. I'll definitely be watching the prequel that's in the first cylon war, that's what I said they should have done to begin with.

Now if we can just get SGU canceled to make way for a REAL new Stargate series......
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Yuck...the schedulers at Syfy replaced the last 5 episodes of Caprica with Star Trek Next Generation episodes. Double Yuck. What are those people thinking????

If they had just shown the last five episodes it would have been over by the end of November and then its endless repeats for the holiday season. To paraphrase Tim Gunn the people at the SyFy network are smoking crack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast