+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Deep End - ABC

The Deep End - ABC

Two words: Billy Zane

Did anyone else watch this? What did you think of it?

Normally I wouldn't have bothered with it. The previews looked like the same-old, same-old: Young lawyers, too hot for realism; Hard-nosed management giving them a tough time; Noble vs not-so-noble; Everybody having sex with everybody else.
    Not to mention the fact that the promos kept stressing: "From the people who brought you Grey's Anatomy", a show I've only seen 2 times, & HATED IT, & all it's trashy, self-important characters.

But then the promos showed............Billy Zane
    That's what brought me in. Unfortunately, he's not enought to save this show. He plays the bad guy/jerk so well, but in this, he's too toned down.
    There were a few good moments, but nothing I can even remember now.
    All in all, nothing original at all, & definitely nothing to make me care at all about the show or the characters.

Re: the characters. The young dark-haired lawer gal was pretty good.
    & why is it that the red-haired gal always plays a cheap tramp sleeping with married men? The minute I saw her, I knew what her character was going to be like & I was right.

Billy deserved better than this show.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Re: The Deep End - ABC

I found it interesting. Beats all those CSI's and L&O's that are all over the screen these days. I will continue to watch for a while anyway.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3805170;
    I found it interesting. Beats all those CSI's and L&O's that are all over the screen these days. I will continue to watch for a while anyway.
    I'll watch for another week or two to give it a chance. I don't want to give up on it too early. I owe that much to Billy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3805140;
    "From the people who brought you Grey's Anatomy",
    Actually they say "from the network that brought you Grey's Anatomy." I didn't watch it because of this purposely deceptive statement. Why be manipulative? I love Billy Zane madly, but I figured this show would not be worthy of his talent.

FORT Fogey

I watched the first 15-20 minutes, nothing special, couldn't get into it, changed the channel. Where have I seen the red-haired girl before? If they want a good legal drama, bring back Boston Legal!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

DRV'd it and tried to get through it twice, but wound up deleting it before it was over. Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed.

The red haired girl is Rachelle Lefevre, she was Victoria (one of the "bad" vampires) in Twilight and New Moon. She has done a lot of guest appearances on various tv shows.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't find this show that interesting. Had it been of 10 p.m. caliber (like The Good Wife), it might have been better. Too much inane jumping in and out of bed, for me. I was wanting to like this. It was rather vapid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's nice to see that the Applewhite boy (Desperate Housewives), and Kelvin(Lost) have found work.

I figure I'll watch 'till Survivor starts next month, then I'll decide if it's worth taping or not.

Actually the "Applewhite" boy was also on True Blood on HBO last season. That's how I remembered him. I completely forgot he was on DH too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast