+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 149 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Like Tree799Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Yeah, Katherine is just so obsessed with Moray, but I do blame Moray's assistant. He shouldn't have butted in and told her that Moray was pining for him.....because he wasn't! That guy is constantly trying to take care of things that are not his business. I want him to get put in his place. Moray should see that the guy is eventually going to ruin him by butting in things that don't concern. Recall the incident with purchase of merchandise? Enough already. Then he tries to harrass the young fellow as to where and why he got new shoes, etc. He's too much. He needs for someone to take care of his business and see how it feels.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Once again, you and I seldom see things the same way. Can't say that I agree.
    Duckyface and Fanny Mare like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If I'm correct, Dudley is Moray's business partner, not his assistant. If so, he has a valid interest in the goings on at the store and what might affect it. Many of his concerns are legitimate for a partner in the store, I think.
    prhoshay and Duckyface like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    If I'm correct, Dudley is Moray's business partner, not his assistant. If so, he has a valid interest in the goings on at the store and what might affect it. Many of his concerns are legitimate for a partner in the store, I think.
    Yes, he is his business partner and often thought of the voice of reason
    prhoshay likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Downton

Click to see Spoiler:
    Bit disappointed in the finale. Nothing really happened. No answer to the Gregson mystery. Green died but we don't really know how/by who. And I fear we might have another long drawn out Bates prison story. Rose was engaged for a nanosecond. Mary continues to be pursued by half the male population of Great Britain. None of the downstairs quadrangle ended in romance. Moseley and Baxter had a bit of a flirt and Lord Grantham rode (drove) in at the end. Ho hum.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Downton

Click to see Spoiler:
    Bit disappointed in the finale. Nothing really happened. No answer to the Gregson mystery. Green died but we don't really know how/by who. And I fear we might have another long drawn out Bates prison story. Rose was engaged for a nanosecond. Mary continues to be pursued by half the male population of Great Britain. None of the downstairs quadrangle ended in romance. Moseley and Baxter had a bit of a flirt and Lord Grantham rode (drove) in at the end. Ho hum.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think this episode was a lot like previous years, in that much of the hour was used to set us up for the Christmas special. We already know that Cora's brother and mother will be visiting, and Robert confirmed that when he returned. (From what he said, I guess the story will make another time jump, this time about 10 months to Summer 1923.) If this is true, that means that Edith's baby drama will already be over and done with -- unless we are surprised with a third child in the nursery. We may also actually see what goes on during a debutante's "coming out" since Rose will be going through it -- when it happened for Sybil in season 1 it all happened off-camera.

But I'm not sure how a near-year jump will be good for the Bates story -- either Bates won't be implicated and they will have put it behind them, or else he would already be in prison for murder. But they will probably do something else, like have a relative of Green's come around to start sniffing for clues. (Which would be silly but it's right up Julian Fellowes' alley)

And will Tom and the schoolteacher be in limbo until the next episode, or will their relationship have already grown, with her being included in family gatherings and such? (It's inevitable, or else why would they have brought her on?) And will he be running for office, or just content to manage the estate?

I guess Alfred is gone for good...makes sense, since O'Brien was his aunt and she's gone, and they've ground this non-existent love rectangle into fine dust. I guess Isabel now has a suitor -- this mysterious "Mary's godfather" we've never met before. I'm glad they've given her something to do other than trade insults with the Dowager. That's been done to pieces, especially since the two have gone through enough experiences together over 10 years that they should annoy each other a little less by now.

I'm not sure I have a favorite in the 3-way race for Mary's hand. I notice they practically ignored Evelyn during the whole episode, so I wonder if he'll be the last one standing after the other two knock each other out. I don't mind that the story isn't resolving itself quickly -- Mary is an interesting enough character without a beau or husband, so I'm in no hurry to pair her off again just for the sake of doing it. Matthew was a big act to follow.

Can't wait till Christmas!

And some non-spoiler Downton news:

‘Downton Abbey’ Gets Fifth Season Order

By NANCY TARTAGLIONE AND NELLIE ANDREEVA | Sunday November 10, 2013 @ 2:35pm PST

UK network ITV has commissioned a fifth season of hit period drama Downton Abbey from producer Carnival Films, which also has been picked up by PBS in the U.S. Production on a new set of trials and tribulations for the Crawley family and below stairs staff will begin in 2014 for later air on ITV and PBS’ Masterpiece. Masterpiece is a co-producer with Carnival Films.

Season 5 will again be written by Julian Fellowes and exec produced by Carnival chief Gareth Neame, as well as Liz Trubridge and Fellowes. The news comes just as the final episode of the regular fourth season of Downton concluded in the UK tonight (there’s still the Christmas episode to come). Season 4 debuted on ITV this year on September 22nd, and grabbed its best-ever premiere ratings. It went on to average 11.8M viewers making it Britain’s highest-rated TV drama in 2013.

The U.S. will see Season 4 starting on Masterpiece on January 5th. Coming off of the demise of Dan Stevens’ Matthew Crawley at the end of Season 3, Season 4 is set in the Roaring Twenties and adds a bevy of guest stars and new regulars. There’s no word yet on air dates for Season 5, but if the show sticks to tradition, it will go first in the UK next fall, followed by Masterpiece in January 2015.

Neame promised “all the usual highs and lows, romance, drama and comedy” for Season 5. PBS president and CEO Paula Kerger said, “Like millions of other Downton fans, I can’t wait to see what’s next for the Crawley family.”
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

CCL

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Christmas episode will indeed focus on Rose's debut -there's been pics of her dress and articles about them casting the king and queen for when she's presented at court.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Hmmm.....I'm not so sure Dudley is a business partner of Moray. He's always seemed subservient and always seems to work under the direction of Moray. In fact, he was referred to as the manager in this week's episode. And if he were partners, why would he need to beg for the other employee's behalf to keep him on. If he were partner, he could make half of that decision. Perhaps Dudley's true status will come to bear before the season's end, as I hear next season he takes on more responsbility. Regardless of his status, he's way too presumptious for my taste and had no business meddling in the romantic affair of Moray, with a woman Moray was not in to.

Here is one quote that describes Dudley as Moray's business partner: >Matthew McNulty (Cranford) as Dudley, Moray’s business partner and the voice of reason in the face of his friend’s unbridled ambitions.< I believe Moray also referred to him as such in an early episode.

It's also been stated on the show that Moray has all hiring and firing of personnel authority in the store. That's why Dudley would need his okay to keep someone on. It's probably in whatever contract they have together.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been left with the impression that Dudley is a close friend of Moray's, thus his concern for his friend's personal life and his friend's acceptance of his counsel. I do know that it is rare that a person and his close, trustworthy friend can work closely together without there being a conflict of interest. That is a rare friend, indeed.
    Punkin and Duckyface like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread