+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141 ... LastLast
Like Tree851Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I'm waiting, too. No spoilers for me this time around...

I am truly enjoying The Paradise. Can't wait to see Denise's success story unfold and to watch what happens with her love life.

Love me my Masterpiece Classics!!!
    Punkin, prhoshay and Florimel like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I've warmed to The Paradise. Watching Season 2 now. Enjoying it even more than Season 1.
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Sorry, I'm not waiting. If I can watch Downton now, I'm doing it. I don't care what season it is! I'll watch it again in January.

I hate being right, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it looks like Gregson left Edith high and dry, holding all of his debt and carrying his child. I'm not much of an Edith fan, but I can't help feeling sorry for her in this case. When she was talking about not being able to look at the nursery with her sisters' children, I really felt for her. I hope he suddenly shows up in the next two episodes, but I'm not optimistic. She has beyond tragic taste in men. Does she think roping that poor tenant farmer into marrying her is going to lher problems?

Violet's "Oh, goody goody" while playing cards had me giggling.

I like Paul Giamatti, but I can't picture him as part of a family with Shirley MacLaine and Elizabeth McGovern. Maybe Mr. Levinson wasn't terribly attractive. I always pictured Harold as a rather attractive and charming dilettante.
    echo226 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I really like the experience of watching a good/great show with other people. I'm going to watch the episodes more than once, anyway. Glad you guys are enjoying it.

Just watched the most recent episode of The Paradise. My poor Denise!! Moray is a JERK!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ref. The Paradise. How large is the city they are located? It seems the store is already quite large. Why this need to expand so much? How big does it need to be? I guess the writers needed something to keep the story moving along.

I like that Denise has gone to work with her uncle. It seems that she may be happier there than having Miss Audrey constantly bossing her around. Moray seems to be all consumed by money and his business. I'm not sure Denise would change him. If he truly loves Denise, then he won't marry his finance in order to get the financing he wants from her father.

I look forward to season Two.

Miss Audrey is the least of Denise's worries! I don't see Denise as being intimidated by that crow. I also didn't see Denise as wanting or needing to change Moray; to me, it looks like Denise is about to change her uncle's store to become a formidable opponent of Moray's, even though she's in love with him and is hurting. Denise has a business brain! She is more Moray's EQUAL, and Moray knows that and is attracted to that! As a businessman, Moray is doing exactly what he should be doing to become successful and a mogul.....among men, it can mean selling your soul. I don't want Denise to dally around with him, but she probably will!!
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Denise is so smart! that's what Moray sees in her , and I agree she is more his equal. Miss Audrey sees that as well. I love this show and all the wonderful characters. It looks like Katherine Glendenning shows her true colours next week
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It is based on a novel written by Emile Zola. Can't get much better source material than from the author of "J'accuse."
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I've been recording "The Paradise" and just caught up. I like Katherine and feel sorry for her. She's not perfect, but no one is and she's a strong woman who really loves Moray. I love Denise, but I don't find her as realistic a character, in that she's portrayed as perfect in every situation and it doesn't come across as real. I can look past that though and I'm really enjoying the show. I want to watch the next episode as soon as one is done. Now that I know there are more available I don't know if I can wait! I might have to go watch them all.

I've got one thing to say to Katherine: "He's just not that into you."

+ Reply to Thread