+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

On Paradise, is the daughter of the brunette employee, who stays in the orphanage, the child of the Paradise owner? IT seems that he had a one night stand with that woman and he feels terribly guilty about it. His wife most have been alive at the time, because he told someone that he made one mistake 80 months ago.(His wife died 3 years ago.) THat would have time his mistake at 6 and one half years ago. Adding 9 months to that would put the time over 7 years, and the little girl of the employee looks too young to fit that time line. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    On Paradise, is the daughter of the brunette employee, who stays in the orphanage, the child of the Paradise owner? IT seems that he had a one night stand with that woman and he feels terribly guilty about it. His wife most have been alive at the time, because he told someone that he made one mistake 80 months ago.(His wife died 3 years ago.) THat would have time his mistake at 6 and one half years ago. Adding 9 months to that would put the time over 7 years, and the little girl of the employee looks too young to fit that time line. Anyone know?
    I was thinking the same thing. However, I don't specifically remember him saying his "mistake" happened 80 months ago. The little girl appears to be about five or six years old.

I'm loving this show...almost MORE than Selfridge. Happy to hear they're filming the second season.

He was talking to one of the men who works for him I think. He admitted to slipping up, I think he called it and said it only happened once 80 months ago. I'm not sure if I still have it on DVR. I thought that he must have gotten the employee pregnant when he had this slip up, but if he did, then why wouldn't she tell him or use the information for her benefit? She seems the type. Plus, if he knew that girl was his, I can't believe he would have allowed her to live in an orphanage and be adopted out to strangers, if he knew the girl was his.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't think the child was available for adoption since her other was paying money every month. It was understood, I thought, that the child would live there until conditions got better for her mother and she could take care of her again.

I also thought the man said 18 months ago, not 80. Men don't tend to keep up with time that closely. I'm going to try to go back and rewatch.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I didn't think the child was available for adoption since her other was paying money every month. It was understood, I thought, that the child would live there until conditions got better for her mother and she could take care of her again.

I also thought the man said 18 months ago, not 80. Men don't tend to keep up with time that closely. I'm going to try to go back and rewatch.
    It was 18 months, and I thought he felt bad, even though his wife was dead.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree. It's like he didn't think it was OK to move on in a physical relationship with another woman even though his wife had been gone for quite a while.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh, 18 months....that makes more sense than 80. lol

Ref. the child. Recall the mother drank the money she had for the child's care week before last. She did this after she overheard them talking about how she was keeping the child from finding a good home and it was doubtful her situation would ever change. She was upset about it and cried herself to sleep.

Then this past week she mentioned she has lost the child, so I figured they had adopted her out since the mother did not pay anymore.

Somewhere in there comes into play that the mother stole money out of the foundling's donated money to pay for the daughter....Arthur stole the money from her, and put it back...and our heroine got the money out of the container to give to the mother, once she knew why the woman stole it.

I may or may not be misremembering.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Somewhere in there comes into play that the mother stole money out of the foundling's donated money to pay for the daughter....Arthur stole the money from her, and put it back...and our heroine got the money out of the container to give to the mother, once she knew why the woman stole it.

I may or may not be misremembering.
    No, you are correct
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Decided to watch the first episode of The Paradise. Perhaps a bit too similar to Mr. Selfridge for me. I may watch one more to be sure.
    I did the same thing . . . even though I LOVE many of the cast members from Lark Rise to Candleford, I'm just not being grabbed by The Paradise.

+ Reply to Thread