+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 151 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Like Tree811Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Finally was able to watch episode 3 of Downton...

Click to see Spoiler:
    It was SO obvious something bad was coming. That was brutal. I agree that it will set up some good storylines for the season, but I still hate that it happened, especially to Anna. She and Bates finally had a little bit of happiness. I know that happy couples aren't great for drama, but on this show, I think it's okay. Anna was right that, if she told Bates what happened, he would likely kill the rapist. Still, you know the truth will come out.

I just have to say how much I love Mrs. Hughes. Love her.

Edna needs to fall down a mine shaft. She can take Anna's rapist with her.
    MFWalkoff likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    She played Joceline Brookmire, the woman who had left her husband and got Sam in trouble.
    Oh yes. I had only watched the first hour of the episode and had not seen her yet. I caught it last night. Joceline will return at some point, I presume.

I liked it a lot. I think I'll switch to watching this instead of Lark Rise to Candleford. I've seen almost all those episodes. Before long, I will be caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Finally was able to watch episode 3 of Downton...

Click to see Spoiler:
    It was SO obvious something bad was coming. That was brutal. I agree that it will set up some good storylines for the season, but I still hate that it happened, especially to Anna. She and Bates finally had a little bit of happiness. I know that happy couples aren't great for drama, but on this show, I think it's okay. Anna was right that, if she told Bates what happened, he would likely kill the rapist. Still, you know the truth will come out.

I just have to say how much I love Mrs. Hughes. Love her.

Edna needs to fall down a mine shaft. She can take Anna's rapist with her.
    I peeked -I cannot wait until January.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am thoroughly enjoying The Paradise and am hooked on Mr. Selfridge. However, I will say I was a bit surprise Masterpiece Classic decided to air two shows about London based department stores....until I actually sat down and watched Paradise. There are many differences in these two productions and both of them are quite good.
    Punkin and prhoshay like this.

I saw Paradise and Selfridge quite differently. I had an automatic dislike of the latter, and loved Paradise instantly. Maybe it was the lead male in Selfridge, but it was just a turnoff for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw Paradise and Selfridge quite differently. I had an automatic dislike of the latter, and loved Paradise instantly. Maybe it was the lead male in Selfridge, but it was just a turnoff for me.
    I hear what you're saying about Jeremy Pivens (lead, in Selfridge). I, too, felt the same way....initially. He's grown on me....a bit.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Both shows work for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Downton

Click to see Spoiler:
    Yes! Mrs. Hughes slapped Edna down and off she went. Hurrah.
    I wonder if that's really the last we will see of Gillingham.
    I know Anna swore Mrs. Hughes to secrecy but I wish she would tell Bates. Because right now it's more about Bates not finding out than about Anna's recovery.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I love Paradise, I am so glad it was mentioned here. I have a soft spot for Sarah Lancashire( Miss Audrey)
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Downton

Click to see Spoiler:
    Yes! Mrs. Hughes slapped Edna down and off she went. Hurrah.
    I wonder if that's really the last we will see of Gillingham.
    I know Anna swore Mrs. Hughes to secrecy but I wish she would tell Bates. Because right now it's more about Bates not finding out than about Anna's recovery.

Question:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Are there 2 Gillinghams ? I only read the epi descriptions and the spoilers here. There is reference to a Lord Gillingham, a Mr. Gillingham ... and just Gillingham. Who raped Anna?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread