+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 156 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I agree, but it's a shame that we don't readily share our knowledge....if we have it. I don't understand what the big secret is.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I agree, but it's a shame that we don't readily share our knowledge....if we have it. I don't understand what the big secret is.
    No, I don't either.

ETA to add . If I find the link, I will post it. Some of them may work for you in the US, they don't work for me in Canada
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-27-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We've posted about this multiple times, but once again: The sites we're discussing are not legal, so to post them here would open TV Guide and this site up to issues of copyright infringement.

This is not secret knowledge or "Advanced Internet: 101." This is simple stuff. With a basic Google search you can find episodes of ANY show online. You don't have to know anything other than what you want to watch.

Now, back to discussing Masterpiece shows.....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I honestly did not know such as watching the current season was illegal, though the term bootleg was used in several articles. I though bootlegging was like on a disk. I've only been looking into this thread a few months lately as I became more active on the site because of BB and lots of time on my hands. So, for me, not redundant and I appreciate that you have been patient enough to school me. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the sharpest pencil in the Google box. Guess I can wait, it's not like there isn't anything new on to watch at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Wow! Didn't realize there were only 4 episodes in Halifax. I'll be looking for "The Paradise".
    Thanks for reminding me about "Last Tango in Halifax". Just watched the first episode and loved it. "We're getting Married!" LOLOLOL
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Downton Abbey ... I still haven't found the site that I found last year that had complete episode descriptions ... however I found this and I am putting it in spoilers ... because it's ... based on Episode 1 of Season 4.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Downton Abbey at 54 Below - Season 4, Episode 1 Sneak Peek - YouTube I didn't watch all of it because it is 10 minutes long.
    That isn't a spoiler, it's a musical spoof of Downton Abbey that was recorded at the club 54 Below in NYC earlier this year.

I know because a friend of mine plays Carson the butler. It's safe to watch and has nothing to do with any new plotlines.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I honestly did not know such as watching the current season was illegal, though the term bootleg was used in several articles. I though bootlegging was like on a disk. I've only been looking into this thread a few months lately as I became more active on the site because of BB and lots of time on my hands. So, for me, not redundant and I appreciate that you have been patient enough to school me. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the sharpest pencil in the Google box. Guess I can wait, it's not like there isn't anything new on to watch at this time.
    I didn't either Punkin .I guess we live and learn and wait for January
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    So happy Foyle's War is back! Does anyone understand what trouble Foyle got into when he was in the States?
    I have only a vague recollection from a previous episode when DCS (Detective Chief Superintendent) Foyle vowed to bring an American Senator to justice "after" the war. The first episode this season shows him returning to England and then there was a flashback to Foyle having watched a small nuclear test with a scientist and his wife while in America. I think that was part of his US visit/tour and must have occurred after he had confronted the Senator which had been his main reason for going to the States. I think the guy walking DCS Foyle up the stairs mentioned that the Senator was dead now. Apparently during the long voyage home, Foyle had not heard that the US Senator had taken his life. I think the reference was meant to explain why Foyle travelled to the US in the first place, and how he happened to meet up with the Scientist turned traitor we saw in the first episode of this season.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I really like Honeysuckle Weeks in this and in the first Foyle show. I know I've seen her in some other British series, but can't quite remember which. What a great name and it's her real name!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I am sooooooooo happy to report that I was WRONG about Last Tango in Halifax having only 4 episodes. I had read that there were only 4, but I just checked Wikipedia, which has a surprisingly long write-up about the series, and it says that not only are there 6 episodes (Yay!), but that it's actually based on a true story! Here's the url Last Tango in Halifax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, if anyone wants to check it out.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

+ Reply to Thread