+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 140 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast
Like Tree876Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    How do you do that??? I'm just biding my time until next year. But I'd rather not be biding, but watching!
    It's called Google Easy peasy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    It was good.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And the nanny! Tsk. Not really glad to see that lady maid again - didn't like her first time round.
    I think that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Cora will end up appointing Thomas to be the babies' new nanny -- Julian Fellowes likes to keep coming up with outlandish reasons to keep him on staff, in spite of his spotty record and untrustworthiness.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's called Google Easy peasy.
    Oh, drat! My computer's Google doesn't have it.

Google is the same for everyone. Just search for the show and "watch" and it's right there. It's not secret. Really, it's not.

MFW, re: your spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I would LOVE that! I don't think it would happen - at least not for long - because of the strictly divided gender roles, but it would be fun to watch. I wonder if Thomas knew something else was up with that nanny or if just he sent Cora after her because she was rude to him. I have to say that I was shocked at the things she was saying about Sybil. I'm sure that's how some people felt, but to say it about a child is pretty despicable.

NOT happy to see that maid back in the mix. At least it's not the one who hit on Robert a few seasons ago. That would have been worse. Watch out, Branson!

That scene with Mary and Carson at the end had me in tears. I love that relationship. Is it just me or did no one else know that Carson's first name is Charles?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    That scene with Mary and Carson at the end had me in tears. I love that relationship. Is it just me or did no one else know that Carson's first name is Charles?
    Well the man that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is the old friend of Carson's who Mrs. Crawley took in is the same man who showed up at Downton in season 1 looking for money -- Carson's old music hall partner. The Cheerful Charlies! He looks so much older b/c 10 years have passed since season 1, lol.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

Click to see Spoiler:
    Thomas could be a manny. Love it! I don't think he knew how she was treating Sibyl. But she did leave them alone to remonstrate with him a couple times so I guess he was correct in telling Cora she was leaving them unattended (unless there was someone else with them).
    The Carson-Mary scenes were so great.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm really enjoying Last Dance in Halifax too! So sorry there are only 4 episodes.

And speaking of enjoyable short series on Masterpiece Classic, looks like the first episode of "The Paradise" is airing next week. I remember seeing it a while back and it was pretty good. It centers around a young English girl in the late 1880s, who gets a job in a large British department store, similar to "Selfridges" in the Mr. Selfridge series.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! Didn't realize there were only 4 episodes in Halifax. I'll be looking for "The Paradise".
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Downton Abbey ... I still haven't found the site that I found last year that had complete episode descriptions ... however I found this and I am putting it in spoilers ... because it's ... based on Episode 1 of Season 4.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Downton Abbey at 54 Below - Season 4, Episode 1 Sneak Peek - YouTube I didn't watch all of it because it is 10 minutes long.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Downton Abbey ... I still haven't found the site that I found last year that had complete episode descriptions ... however I found this and I am putting it in spoilers ... because it's ... based on Episode 1 of Season 4.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Downton Abbey at 54 Below - Season 4, Episode 1 Sneak Peek - YouTube I didn't watch all of it because it is 10 minutes long.
    I have so much to watch, I am kind a glad to have it be on in January
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread