+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 135 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130 ... LastLast
Like Tree704Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Downton Abbey starts airing on ITV this coming Sunday, which means MFW and I will soon be communicating via spoiler tags in this thread!

I think season 3 of Sherlock should be starting in a few months too. Finally!
    Zip a dee doo dah!!!!

Rats. MFW corrected me. The new season doesn't start until the 22nd. I saw the earlier date on another site and didn't check it out. So, I'll have to wait two weeks Better than 4 months!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It's okay -- we can take the extra week to properly prepare ourselves, and to practice our spoiler tagging!
    Critical and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Rats. MFW corrected me. The new season doesn't start until the 22nd. I saw the earlier date on another site and didn't check it out. So, I'll have to wait two weeks Better than 4 months!
    I can't wait.

Last year I found some sites that had long and comprehensive recaps of each episode ... so I knew what was going to happen with Lady Sybil and Mathew ... but kept hoping it was wrong! I wuld like to find someplace to actually watch. No fair that I have to wait util January!
    Punkin likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

WooHOO! First episode of season 4 of Downton Abbey last night! It's like seeing old friends again. Loved it!

ETA: New - and totally excellent - coffee mug. I'm ready for the next series of Sherlock!
    sherlockmug_zps97fbd799.jpg
    Last edited by Critical; 09-24-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

It was good.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And the nanny! Tsk. Not really glad to see that lady maid again - didn't like her first time round.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

So happy Foyle's War is back! Does anyone understand what trouble Foyle got into when he was in the States?

WooHOO! First episode of season 4 of Downton Abbey last night! It's like seeing old friends again. Loved it! [/ATTACH]
    How do you do that??? I'm just biding my time until next year. But I'd rather not be biding, but watching!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am really enjoying Last Tango in Halifax.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am really enjoying Last Tango in Halifax.
    So am I! Anne Reid and Derek Jacobi are fantastic, but no surprise there. There's a good mix of humor and drama.

Brooks, No, I'm not at all sure about what trouble Foyle got into in America. I hope we'll learn more about that as the show proceeds.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread