+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 151 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast
Like Tree811Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Well wiki said this was the series end. Show creator felt the storylines were too complex... I thought they were outstanding! I have Endeavor on DVR but haven't watched it yet. Tomorrow will be catchup day!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

One of my most favorite shows is filming right now, Sherlock! I noticed that there is a blip on Comic-con showing a pre-recorded message from the stars - loved it!!! Here are some spoilers if your interested:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The cast and crew are currently shooting Season 3, but the first installment, titled "The Empty Hearse," focuses on Sherlock's emergence after faking his death. Moffat, Gatiss and Vertue promised that the episode will be anything but upbeat, with the storyline focusing on how Holmes' "death" takes a toll on his friends and loved ones. The trio also assured fans that there will be a Season 4.

If you have the chance, watch the video where Cumberbatch jokingly tries to tell us exactly how Sherlock accomplished the feat of not dying.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 07-20-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: double wordiing
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Cumberbatch could read the phone book and I would be enthralled.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Masterpiece has a glimpse of Sherlock preview - it is just a teaser....... I can't wait!!! Nice to see Foyle's War returning for Series 7 in September 3 episodes on 9/15, 9/22, and 9/29/13!
    Christopher Reeve

Did anyone catch the premiere 2-hour episode of Silk on Masterpiece Mystery this week? I found it up to the Masterpiece standards and I'm looking forward to more.

The premise is about a female barrister who is applying to "take silk," which means getting the silk robes and the title of Queens Council that goes with it. I'm sure the British members of this forum know much more about this process than I do, but I found this very worth watching.
    sunnydayz likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Did anyone catch the premiere 2-hour episode of Silk on Masterpiece Mystery this week? I found it up to the Masterpiece standards and I'm looking forward to more.

The premise is about a female barrister who is applying to "take silk," which means getting the silk robes and the title of Queens Council that goes with it. I'm sure the British members of this forum know much more about this process than I do, but I found this very worth watching.
    No I didn't-but it sounds really good! I will look for it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Anybody watch The Vanishing Lady? (...or was it The Lady Vanishes? heh) It was part of the Masterpiece Mysteries series.

It took me several tries to get in to it but once I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyway, it was mentioned at the beginning of the show that Alfred Hitchcock also produced this at one time. Interesting, because I love AH but never remember a movie/tv episode of his with this story.

If it is shown again be sure to give it a shot.

The original, The Lady Vanishes, was one of Alfred Hitchcock's earliest films made before he came to the U.S., I think. I've seen that one more than once and I remember that Michael Redgrave, Paul Lukas, and Dame May Whittey were in it. It was a good anti-Nazi movie at the time.

I haven't yet seen this remake and I'm not sure if I will, but since it's on Masterpiece, I may give it a try.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

Yes! I've been watching Silk and enjoying it very much! I love Martha and her somewhat goofy pupil too. Although I was disappointed to learn the identify of the father of her baby....and Billy being stuck with him for now. Makes for lots of good story lines though.

I'm putting this under the Masterpiece Theater umbrella 'cause I don't know where else it might go.

There's another new 6-episode British series starting on PBS tomorrow night. Title is "Last Tango in Halifax." It stars Derek Jacobi and Anne Reid as childhood sweethears and who reconnect via Facebook. I'll definidely be taking a look. Apparently it's been renewed for a season 2 in England. Here's a link for anyone who might be interested.

Tuned In: 'Last Tango in Halifax' offers six well-crafted episodes - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread