+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 140 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
Like Tree876Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

CCL

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Thanks libgirl2. They hinted a bit at her background on the show, but not a lot/in depth.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Thanks libgirl2. They hinted a bit at her background on the show, but not a lot/in depth.
    I really wish they would have. Its heartbreaking.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Ugh! I'm so darn bad with character names.

Which one is Jane?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Ugh! I'm so darn bad with character names.

Which one is Jane?

Thanks.
    She is the quiet dark haired nurse who caught the attention of the reverend.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Just finished watching the finale. What a great episode! I felt they wrapped everything up quite nicely. Makes me hope they leave well enough alone and end the series now. As to the finale...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Of all the tears this show has elicited over the two seasons, I think I teared up most when Chummy appeared at the christening with her new baby. I was so worried we'd lost her!

The other wonderful surprise in this episode was when Patrick (Dr Turner) and Shelagh (Sister Bernadette) met on the road with no tragic ending. They did such an excellent job of misdirecting through the music and the acting of Stephen McGann I was convinced something bad was about to happen. Then, later on, to have the son propose for the dad was a bit of icing.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Just finished watching the finale. What a great episode! I felt they wrapped everything up quite nicely. Makes me hope they leave well enough alone and end the series now. As to the finale...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Of all the tears this show has elicited over the two seasons, I think I teared up most when Chummy appeared at the christening with her new baby. I was so worried we'd lost her!

The other wonderful surprise in this episode was when Patrick (Dr Turner) and Shelagh (Sister Bernadette) met on the road with no tragic ending. They did such an excellent job of misdirecting through the music and the acting of Stephen McGann I was convinced something bad was about to happen. Then, later on, to have the son propose for the dad was a bit of icing.
    Very much agree.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Having read so many of your comments about CTM, I got the first season's episodes on DVD from the library. We just watched the first two episodes.

#hooked

Thanks, all!
    Marlena_M likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Having read so many of your comments about CTM, I got the first season's episodes on DVD from the library. We just watched the first two episodes.

#hooked

Thanks, all!
    Oh Yay! I haven't seen S1... I started watching at the start of this past season because I had heard such good buzz. I need to go back and check out S1 so I have more of the back stories. LOVE the series... it really is feel-good-tv for me. Even when sad things happen, it feels good because of the relationships and how much the girls really are *there* for each other. It must be so nice to know someone has your back in that way. I always walk away feeling good.

So glad you're hooked!
    AZChristian likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

CCL

^ I concur. I always think of it as a "gentle" show, if that makes sense. Season 1 is good as it starts off with Jenny joining Nonnatus. I found that the first season was focused even more on Jenny than Season 2 but there's still stuff with the others and you'll enjoy seeing the burgeoning romance between Peter and Chummy, I think.
    AZChristian likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just happened upon the show in it's first season and fell in love. For awhile it was a triple play on PBS on Sunday nights. First, Lark Rise To Candleford, then Call The Midwife, then Downtown Abby!
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread