+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast
Like Tree876Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Did I miss posts about the Call the Midwife season finale?
    I just love that show!
    It was fantastic... and I teared up.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Back to Downton Abbey, is there any way we here in the US can catch the show as it airs in Great Brittan??

I don't know if there are any satellite services in the US that carry ITV, that might be one (expensive) way.

Otherwise, there aren't really any proper/legal ways to see it unless someone starts uploading them on YouTube -- and they would be taken down quickly if that happened.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

Man, all the comments about tears and the Midwife finally had me really worried about Chummy. Glad she and the little one turned out ok.

I'm not sure why they focus on Jenny and her love life while not really showing Trixie and Cynthia as having any suitors. It's a bit weird. I guess Jenny is ostensibly the focus of the show but still. I'd like to know more of their backgrounds as well.
    Last edited by CCL; 05-31-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Man, all the comments about tears and the Midwife finally had me really worried about Chummy. Glad she and the little one turned out ok.

I'm not sure why they focus on Jenny and her love life while not really showing Trixie and Cynthia as having any suitors. It's a bit weird. I guess Jenny is ostensibly the focus of the show but still. I'd like to know more of their backgrounds as well.
    CCL, I would fathom to guess because the series is based on the memoirs of the real-life "Jenny" (Jennifer Lee --- later Worth). Here is a wiki-link in case you're interested.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

CCL

I haven't read the books but I have read that they go into Jane's background at depth, more than what was shown, so I would think there might be more about Cynthia and Trixie in the books than what they have shown as well. But maybe not if Worth wanted to keep their personal lives private. Maybe next season, when they have to go beyond the memoirs (I've read that they've exhausted all the stories/cases in the memoirs) they will have more of their personal stories (even if they are made-up).

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Back to Downton Abbey, is there any way we here in the US can catch the show as it airs in Great Brittan??
    I don't think so either. .But last season I got spoiled ... and went looking around and found and read some very comprehensive recaps.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I haven't read the books but I have read that they go into Jane's background at depth, more than what was shown, so I would think there might be more about Cynthia and Trixie in the books than what they have shown as well. But maybe not if Worth wanted to keep their personal lives private. Maybe next season, when they have to go beyond the memoirs (I've read that they've exhausted all the stories/cases in the memoirs) they will have more of their personal stories (even if they are made-up).
    I had hoped they would go more into Jane's background as it is just heartbreaking yet uplifting in the long run. I am hoping they will in series 3.

CCL

Spoil me here or pm spoil me regarding Jane please, libgirl2?

Spoil me here or pm spoil me regarding Jane please, libgirl2?
    You are spoiled
    CCL likes this.

+ Reply to Thread