+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 156 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124 ... LastLast
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I wish it were on now
    So do I ! I really love this show and wish that they would air it here at the same time as they do in the UK!

I never did understand why that is. Maybe the next time PBS is soliciting "donations" I'll call and ask them.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    So do I ! I really love this show and wish that they would air it here at the same time as they do in the UK!

I never did understand why that is. Maybe the next time PBS is soliciting "donations" I'll call and ask them.
    Maybe it has something to do with the rights to this show in the UK.I don't know.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Thanks so much for posting that. I believe I had read some of it ... but there is more clarity with that article;

Click to see Spoiler:
    They said Mathew will be "properly mourned" and as his Widow, Mary would/should be wearing black for a couple of years. But ... I think I read that Season 4 jumps ahead 4 years ... so perhaps the "official" mourning period would be over.

Again, thanks for posting.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm fairly certain I read series 4 jumps ahead 6 months from Matthew's death.

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm fairly certain I read series 4 jumps ahead 6 months from Matthew's death.

Click to see Spoiler:
    6 months sounds about right.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Click to see Spoiler:
    Okay then Mary as his widow would definitely be following the mourning etiquette of the day and so would his mother. I am not certain about the "extended" family and the staff ... although I am pretty sure the home would be in a state of mourning with no party's and celebrations.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

My guess for the delay in the U.S. is that they hope to see more DVD's before they allow it to be aired here on PBS. That's just supposition, though.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Did I miss posts about the Call the Midwife season finale?
    I just love that show!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I've watched the first 4 episodes of season one. Is it possible to get through one episode of the two seasons without shedding a tear at the end?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

CCL

^ Call the Midwife? No, they believe in hankies.
    Haven't gotten a chance to watch the finale yet....my Dvr "ate" the middle episodes so I had to sort that out. I'm sure more hankies will be needed. I'm almost loathe to watch it because then it'll be over and I'm not sure when -if? - season 3 comes out. I have liked how the second season has drawn more out of the other characters - from Trixie, whose breezy and flirty "modern" personality belies an old-fashioned girl who won't give in to a tv host's advances, to "little" Cynthia and her standing up to the diabetic "bully" to Sister Bernadette's crisis of conscience. But I have missed Chummy - was happy to have her back in the penultimate episode.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Oh my goodness, I think I went through 2x more hankies for series 2 of Call the Midwife than series 1. So good though!

+ Reply to Thread