+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 145 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast
Like Tree908Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

These are not spoilers. A spoiler would be leaking storylines or clips before they are released to the public. These photos were released to the media and they are on news/entertainment websites all over the net. They and the article reveal no plot details whatsoever. Spoiler tags are not necessary.

As for the UK vs. US premiere dates, people were quite thoughtful about following the rules last year, and there is no reason to believe they won't be again. Beyond that, anyone who doesn't even want to see promotional photos will probably have to unplug from the internet entirely until next January.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

MFW ... thank you for those photos and I am going to put something else here in spoilers because I don't want to offend anyone.

Click to see Spoiler:
    At some point I read that Season Four would "jump forward" and I can't remember how long That is when Season 4 starts ... we will not find Lady Mary and all the others at Downton learning of Mathew's accident. I don't know if that is a spoiler or not. There are some out there who are hoping maybe it was a bad accident and that Mathew survived. Some don't know who will be returning and who will not. So ... maybe this is why some feel they will be spoiled.

Again ... thank you again for those pictures and the tip on enlarging.

I can't wait!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Yep, that might be considered a spoiler, although Julian Fellowes has hinted at things like this in interviews.

As for Matthew...there's no spoiler there -- he's dead, Jim. Dan Stevens left the show -- he and Julian have both been clearer than clear on this point, and why it had to happen. Stevens refused to come back in a reduced role, and Fellowes didn't want to cover it up with some lame "Matthew went away on business" storyline. They've been filming the new season for a while and Stevens is in the US making movies.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    These are not spoilers. A spoiler would be leaking storylines or clips before they are released to the public. These photos were released to the media and they are on news/entertainment websites all over the net. They and the article reveal no plot details whatsoever. Spoiler tags are not necessary.

As for the UK vs. US premiere dates, people were quite thoughtful about following the rules last year, and there is no reason to believe they won't be again. Beyond that, anyone who doesn't even want to see promotional photos will probably have to unplug from the internet entirely until next January.
    Whether something technically is or isn't a spoiler isn't really the issue. Why don't you just think of it as a matter of common courtesy? Getting information about a show in advance just simply spoils the show for many people, taking away much of the pleasure of watching it. FORT makes it very easy to put information in spoiler tags. You just have to click one button. So, just as a matter of courtesy, when you're sharing advance information, or photos about a program, it would be really thoughtful and kind if you would just press the spoiler button.

Sorry, but MFW is right. Those photos aren't a spoiler. We know that Matthew is dead, so pictures of his headstone and, especially, pictures of various people doing absolutely nothing aren't spoilers. Those of us who watch the show in advance of the US airing are very careful not to post plot points in this thread, even though many things are freely available - without spoiler warnings - all over the internet, but those pics don't qualify. They're not revealing anything we don't already know.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay, THIS Downton article will go in spoiler tags. There are quotes from Michelle Dockery about what Mary might encounter in season 4. Also some info on new cast members, but this has been released before in the media:

Click to see Spoiler:
    'Downton Abbey': Michelle Dockery Says Lady Mary Will Be Moving On After Matthew

Posted: 05/28/2013 1:13 am EDT

At the end of Season 3 of "Downton Abbey," Lady Mary (Michelle Dockery) became a single mother after her husband Matthew (Dan Stevens) died in a car accident. But is the widow moving on already when the show returns in January 2014?

When asked about a second wedding for Lady Mary in the show's upcoming Season 4, Dockery assured fans that her character "hasn't moved on that quickly" and that she will mourn Matthew properly. "The predicament that Mary's in now is that she does need to find someone eventually," Dockery explained to the LA Times. "She has the heir to Downton, she has baby George and she is under pressure to find someone. In that world, women had to find someone. It was all about marriage and who you'd spend the rest of your life with."

As fans know, Lady Mary will have no shortage of suitors in Season 4. "She's an eligible bachelorette," Dockery told the LA Times. "It's exciting. We've got some great actors joining the show."

Tom Cullen and Julian Ovenden will play two of those bachelors looking to win Mary's heart and hand in marriage. The former plays Lord Gillingham, a family friend of the Crawleys, and the latter is set to appear as aristocrat Charles Blake on Season 4 of "Downton Abbey."

But fans who were hoping Tom Branson (Allen Leech), who lost his wife Sybil (Jessica Brown FIndlay), Lady Mary's sister, due to complications during childbirth, would have a chance at romance with Lady Mary, in true soap opera form, shouldn't hold their breath. "Oooh, I can't do that," Dockery previously told TV Guide. "He's my brother-in-law!"

"While it would be great for drama, I don't think it would be right for those two," Leech told TV Guide. "As much as they respect each other, they come from very different worlds."

Lily James, cousin Rose, will join the cast as a series regular for "Downton Abbey" Season 4 and the show will introduce a bevy of new characters to spice things up. In addition to Cullen and Ovendon, Nigel Harman will play a new valet; Dame Harriet Walter will appear as Lady Shackleton, a friend of the Dowager Countess; Joanna David is playing Duchess of Yeovil; Dame Kiri te Kanawa will play a guest who sings at the house; and Gary Carr will play "Downton Abbey's" first black character, a jazz singer named Jack Ross. Look for Shirley MacLaine to return as well.

Two characters who won't be a part of "Downton Abbey" Season 4, however, are, of course, Dan Stevens and O'Brien (Siobhan Finneran). "I signed up to do three series and that was all I wanted to do," Finneran explained to the Daily Mail. "I had great fun doing it but I just didn't want to do it any more. I decided this before we even did the last series. When I stop loving something, I stop doing it."

"Downton Abbey" Season 4 premieres Sun., January 5, 2014.
    Punkin likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Okay, THIS Downton article will go in spoiler tags. There are quotes from Michelle Dockery about what Mary might encounter in season 4. Also some info on new cast members, but this has been released before in the media:
    Great! thank you
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Oh that last paragraph. Not sure I like that but I understand.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Thanks so much for posting that. I believe I had read some of it ... but there is more clarity with that article;

Click to see Spoiler:
    They said Mathew will be "properly mourned" and as his Widow, Mary would/should be wearing black for a couple of years. But ... I think I read that Season 4 jumps ahead 4 years ... so perhaps the "official" mourning period would be over.

Again, thanks for posting.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Thanks so much for posting that. I believe I had read some of it ... but there is more clarity with that article;

Click to see Spoiler:
    They said Mathew will be "properly mourned" and as his Widow, Mary would/should be wearing black for a couple of years. But ... I think I read that Season 4 jumps ahead 4 years ... so perhaps the "official" mourning period would be over.

Again, thanks for posting.
    I read
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mary does mourn, she also reverts back to her not so nice self- like she was before Mathew.She does however take a liking to Tom, and the family disprove

I wish it were on now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread