+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 152 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast
Like Tree818Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Well you can try coming to the U.S, ... just avoid any bridges that connect to Washington State.

Seriously ... that is too bad. I am not familiar with how things work in Canada ... but there seems to be many ( in Canada) here at FORT ... so maybe someone will come up with something ... or perhaps it will be aired again.? Hope so.
    I think someone will upload it to you tube- or, it may air again.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I finally watched the final 3 episodes of Mr. Selfridge and the final 2 episodes of Call the Midwife. I love both of these shows... almost as much as Downton Abbey. I started watching CtM at the start of this season so I'm going back (thankyou Netflix) to watch all of the S1 episodes. Hopefully that will tide me over until S3 starts.

I'm surprised at how very much I am liking all three of the shows (Mr.S, CtM and DA).

It's only thru my FORT buddies I ever heard about them in the first place so I thank you so very much!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

It's true what folks are saying about pilots sometimes not being very representative of how good a show will be. I watched about the first five minutes of the first show of Call the Midwife and turned it off. I didn't get back to it until halfway through this last season when a friend told me that I really needed to watch it, and it really is a good show!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think someone will upload it to you tube- or, it may air again.
    You can download Midwife from iTunes...found this out when I went on vacation and my Dvr decided to stop working.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

pbs.org has s2 of Call the Midwife available for streaming. I had missed the episode before the s2 finale and watched it on the pbs site before watching the finale

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    pbs.org has s2 of Call the Midwife available for streaming. I had missed the episode before the s2 finale and watched it on the pbs site before watching the finale
    Fanny Mare said she was unable to do that because she's in Canada.

Must be payback because we can't watch Canadian Big Brother or something. JK
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Fanny Mare said she was unable to do that because she's in Canada.

Must be payback because we can't watch Canadian Big Brother or something. JK
    Well BBC was pretty boring, you didn't miss much. CTM is excellent TV, not to be missed
    -Andy Rooney-

It has begun...

'Downton Abbey' Series 4 Pictures - Maggie Smith As The Dowager In Graveyard Where Lady Sybil And Matthew Crawley Are Buried

The Huffington Post UK | Posted: 17/05/2013 16:14 BST | Updated: 17/05/2013 16:14 BST

The first pictures from 'Downton Abbey' series four have emerged online.

In the photos, taken on the set of the hit ITV period drama in Brampton, Oxfordshire, 'Downton's matriarch the Dowager Countess of Grantham (Dame Maggie Smith) can be seen visiting a graveyard.

She stands alongside Isobel Crawley (Penelope Wilton), near where the late Lady Sybil and Lady Mary's husband, Matthew Crawley, are buried.

The headstones of Jullian Fellowes' beloved characters, who both died in series three, feature in the pictures.

Jessica Brown Findlay recently told The Huffington Post UK she wasn't ready for the outpouring of grief that greeted the demise of her character Lady Sybil, who died in childbirth.

"The day Sybil died I was flying out to film in New York," she tells HuffPostUK. "Normally when you land somewhere, you get a couple of messages, but I had an onslaught from people saying, 'you could have warned me.'"

She added: "Julian did such an amazing job with Sybil that it was a really exciting way to go out. I had to keep very quiet about it."

'Downton' will return for an eight-part fourth series and a Christmas special in the autumn on ITV. Check out the pictures below...

(Best way to view big versions is to right-click on thumbnails and choose "Open Link in New Tab")
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-26-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I cannot wait to see it!
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

For those of us who are going to be watching Downton Abbey Season 4 when it is broadcast on PBS, please be kind enough to put all advance photos and info in SPOILER tags. Thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread