+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 145 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116 ... LastLast
Like Tree908Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

CCL

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I taped it too. Glad to hear the good review. And more detail - I knew last night was the beginning but didn't know how long it lasted.

Have been watching Mr Selfridge. Not really caring for Mr Selfridge himself (kind of an issue as he's the star. I don't really think it's the actor but more the character. He just seems to flounce about making pronouncements about how everything is wonderful and grand and they need to make a splash by doing other big and grand things). But I do like Ms Towler and the French window dresser (though I don't want them to get together).

Continue to enjoy Midwife but miss Chummy. Kind of interesting how both of the more unusual women have beaux (Chummy and her husband and now Jane and the Reverend) but Jenny doesn't (well, aborted relationship with Jimmy, notwithstanding) and Cynthia and Trixie haven't been shown to have suitors either (though the preview suggested that is going to change for Trixie).
    Last edited by CCL; 04-23-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Same with me on The Bletchley Circle. I recorded it . . . looks good, but I'm an early-to-bed, early-to-rise person, and I barely made it to the end of Selfridge on Sunday.

Call The Midwife was pretty good despite missing Chummy. The show indicated that the disabled child turned out okay, but it wasn't very clear. Does anyone recall from the book whether the child ever walked?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Call The Midwife was pretty good despite missing Chummy. The show indicated that the disabled child turned out okay, but it wasn't very clear. Does anyone recall from the book whether the child ever walked?
    I dont know the answer Debb, but what a good episode. I also loved the one with the twin that was pregnant( the twins were played by the same actress) such a brilliant show

I wish Mr Selfridge was as good, I am hanging in
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I couldn't take Mr. Selfridge. I am enjoying the early reruns of Skylark to Candleford Rising. We watched the most recent season and then lately I think they have started airing the first season. It's a treat to see the actor who plays BATES from DA appear on this show. Later he leaves the family to work out of the village to support the family. I guess he left due to the DA role.

I saw it titled as Lark Rise to Candleford. Was it called something else outside of PBS, Debb? I loved that show and thanks for reminding me that Brendan Coyle played Robert. I had forgotten.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

OH, you're right. I get that title backwards at times. lol It's such a good show, IMO. And when they were runnning the recent season, the themes often mirrored the same themes as those on Call THe Midwife and DA.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

That was an EXCELLENT series. A couple of years ago, we had 3 of the DVDs at the same time from Netflix and for my Mother's Day gift, I chose to sit on the couch and watch a marathon of LRtC. It was a day well spent.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Do you recall which season and how the young boy comes to live with the postmistress? And the girl that works as her maid, but acts like a daugther? I noticed that neither of them appear on the old episodes. I take it, it's season one.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have a hold on the book at my library that has that story in it. I'll have to post when I find out. I did miss Chummy too.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread