+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 149 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast
Like Tree802Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Call The Midwife was wonderful, but I do hate Chummy is leaving. I wonder why. She must have another acting job she wanted to take. I really hate it. She makes that show, IMO. I'll still watch, but count the episodes til she returns.

I'm always surprised at how harsh life was at that time. This show has a way of revealing that.

Does anyone know why Jenny did not want a relationship with that blonde guy from last season. She has known him for a long time, but turned him down when he wanted to love her. I didn't get it. Now she seems disappointed that he's gotten this new girl pregnant.

CCL

I believe she was filming her own show, Miranda, around the same time. I can't wait till she's back -hopefully not too many episodes.

Last season Jenny saw Jimmy as just a friend. This season she mentioned how he seemed different since she had seen him last, more grown-up. Maybe absence does make the heart grow fonder, as well. Plus last season she was still getting over that married guy on the telephone.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Call The Midwife was wonderful, but I do hate Chummy is leaving. I wonder why. She must have another acting job she wanted to take. I really hate it. She makes that show, IMO. I'll still watch, but count the episodes til she returns.

I'm always surprised at how harsh life was at that time. This show has a way of revealing that.

Does anyone know why Jenny did not want a relationship with that blonde guy from last season. She has known him for a long time, but turned him down when he wanted to love her. I didn't get it. Now she seems disappointed that he's gotten this new girl pregnant.
    In regard to Chummy leaving and Jenny turning down the relationship with that guy -- seeing as the show is based on the 'real' Jenny's memoirs, maybe both of those events are actually what happened in Jenny's real life.

I haven't read the books. I may later. I know the voice of the narrator in the show, but can't place it. It's Jenny as an older lady looking back. Anyone know who's voice it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I haven't read the books. I may later. I know the voice of the narrator in the show, but can't place it. It's Jenny as an older lady looking back. Anyone know who's voice it is?
    Vanessa Redgrave.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I really didn't want Chummy to leave.

Click to see Spoiler:
    But when she comes back, she is pregnant. I wonder where she has the baby?
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I really didn't want Chummy to leave.

Click to see Spoiler:
    But when she comes back, she is pregnant. I wonder where she has the baby?
    LOVE that spoiler - thank you for that!!!!!!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    LOVE that spoiler - thank you for that!!!!!!
    You're welcome
    -Andy Rooney-

Did anyone watch Part 1 of The Bletchley Circle this past weekend? It's a miniseries about 4 women who worked for the Bletchley Circle during WWII as codebreakers. Four of them, frustrated with being relegated to their pre-war female status take on the hunt for a serial killer.

I found it very entertaining and am looking forward to watching the rest of it. Here's a link that tells more about it.

http://tv.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/arts/television/the-bletchley-circle-on-pbs.html?_r=0
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. I intend to watch it sometime this week. I wasn't sure how many parts there were and if I was seeing it from the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread