+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Like Tree704Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

It's not just the ladies who look different off-screen. Check out Dan Stevens as he was as Matthew, and now!

Matthew.jpg

Here's the article, for those who (like me) can hardly believe their eyes.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It's not just the ladies who look different off-screen. Check out Dan Stevens as he was as Matthew, and now!

Attachment 28875

Personally I prefer the Matthew look but then I've got a thing for blond men (the exception being Maks Love your avatar of course.)
    AZChristian likes this.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I thought he was a little too "pretty" as Matthew. I'm liking the "bad boy" vibe from the newer picture.
    Critical likes this.

I'm with you, AZC, I never really found Matthew all that attractive. I like Dan the way he is now MUCH better!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Attachment 28875

I would've never believed it was the same guy so I appreciate the link along with the pic. He must've dropped goo-gobs of weight for his face to thin out so much.
    AZChristian likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Attachment 28875

I can't decide which look I like better. It's like looking at two totally different but very attractive guys.

Apparently, the rest of the world is just a divided. The online poll regarding the looks is split almost down the middle at 47 to 53 percent.
    Marlena_M likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I can't decide which look I like better. It's like looking at two totally different but very attractive guys.

Apparently, the rest of the world is just a divided. The online poll regarding the looks is split almost down the middle at 47 to 53 percent.
    That's it! It's like looking at two totally different but very attractive guys!!!!!!!
    Florimel likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Just a reminder. Mr. Selfridge begins on PBS tomorrow, Sunday, March 31..

From the pbs.org Masterpiece Theatre site:

Jeremy Piven (Entourage) stars in Mr. Selfridge as a wheeling-dealing American who shows early 1900s Londoners how to shop. Based on the life of colorfJul retail magnate Harry Gordon Selfridge, the new eight-part series is created by Emmy® Award-winning writer Andrew Davies(Pride and Prejudice, Bleak House). Also starring are Frances O’Connor (Madame Bovary), Aisling Loftus (Page Eight), Zoe Tapper (Zen), Amanda Abbington (Case Histories), and Samuel West (Any Human Heart).

In Episode 1 of Mr. Selfridge, upstart American Harry Selfridge moves heaven and earth to build his visionary department store in London. But opening day is just the start of his retail revolution.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Click to see Spoiler:
    I didn't know that Mr. Selfridge was coming to Masterpiece Theater, so I watched the entire series on-line. This isn't exactly a spoiler but I thought, to be safe I'd put it into spoiler text. I just wanted to say that I don't particularly care for Jeremy Pivens and I had heard some negative comments about the Mr. Selfridge series, so I didn't think I was going to like it, and in fact, I didn't much care for the first episode. BUT, I'm so glad I watched the next one because it got much, much better, and by the end of the 2nd episode I was totally hooked. And I think that all in all, the series ended up being very enjoyable, and I'm so glad I stuck with it! And by the way, by the end, I thought that Jeremy Pivens actually had been really well cast in this role because he was the perfect "Mr. Selfridge."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am really looking forward to the new season of Call The Midwife which starts tonight, also. I just finished watching the 7 episodes the last season this morning, and have gotten all caught up in the story. The acting and writing are superb!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread