+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 145 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I'm not sure what that link is supposed to point to - it just redirects to the last page of the thread. If the post had been reported at the time, one of us would have edited to add spoiler tags. Sometimes we miss things, which is why we've asked posters to report those kinds of things so the mods can take care of it.

Downton is a unique case, not only because it's popular not just in this country. There is news about the show all over and many of the articles are full of spoilers. I encountered at least 5 articles on four different sites (only one was an entertainment site) and there were spoilers in probably 4 of the headlines. Perhaps that isn't as big of a deal in the UK . Frankly, I don't care about spoilers. I don't care if I know ahead of time that someone is leaving, coming or whatever. I still enjoy the show. I realize it does matter to others, which is why I use spoiler tags and why, even though I watch this show online as it's airing in the UK, I don't tell my friends what happens.

While I realize some people don't want to get spoiled, that's the nature of the internet. It is just a TV show, so berating other posters isn't the way to go. At least not on this site. Just report the post and let the staff take care of it
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Sorry, Imperfect. I see your point. I tend to think of a spoiler as a major plot point that usually involves the demise of a character. This to me was just something I read on nbcnews.com that I thought was interesting . . . I'll put any future info I see in tags. No harm meant.

And I've reported my original post and your quote of it to ask the mods to delete it. But I've asked them to leave this apology.
    Thanks so much, AZChristian. I really appreciate your kind words.
    AZChristian likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

With my browser the above link takes you to post #272 of this thread.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Great news for those of us who have been jonesing for a new episode of Sherlock: The first read through for the new season was today! Sherlock Season 3 Has Finally Started Production -- Vulture

The new season won't premiere her until next year, but I'm sure some of us will be watching it online before then
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Now there's even BETTER Sherlock news! Not only is season 3 starting filming soon, but there's officially going to be a season 4!

Benedict Cumberbatch Confirms Sherlock 4
    Could there be fifth series too...?

12 March 2013 | Written by Ali Plumb | Source: Radio Times

Sherlock series three is set to start shooting next Monday, March 18, which is pretty exciting news - but reporters at The Radio Times have learnt there's even more to look forward to with Benedict Cumberbatch confirming that a fourth series is also on in the pipeline.

Series three of the BBC's critically-acclaimed and much-loved modern adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's detective stories has been eagerly anticipated since the second series hit the air back in January 2012, with the final episode, The Reichenbach Fall, leaving fans on tenterhooks as to what was next for the famous Baker Street resident.

That general Sherlocky sensation of how-the-what-the-is-he-alive-or-dead-and-huh was alive and well at The South Bank Show Awards this afternoon, where the RT noted down a few juicy quotes about both the third and fourth series.

"We've agreed to two more series but I could get into trouble for saying that. All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [episodes for Series 3] and another three [episodes for Series 4]."

The Star Trek Into Darkness star was then quizzed about a possible series 5. "It just depends on Martin [Freeman} and I's availability, how long we can keep it going," came his response. "It depends on Steven [Moffat]'s ability. I'd love to keep it going."
    Benedict Cumberbatch Confirms Sherlock 4 | Movie News | Empire

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Now there's even BETTER Sherlock news! Not only is season 3 starting filming soon, but there's officially going to be a season 4!

Benedict Cumberbatch Confirms Sherlock 4 | Movie News | Empire
    That's great news!
    It brightened up my day considerably.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And whoever does the make-up to make her look like O'Brien is AMAZING. She's in the red dress in this picture.

Attachment 28824
    I'm late in catching up with this thread as I've been on holiday the past 5+ weeks. If you google Siobhan Finneran there are tons of pics of her. This one in particular yes she looks nothing like O'brien... however in plenty of others you can quite easily see the O'brien in Siobhan.

Here is a link to the article from which the photo seems to have come... there are other "current" pics of some other cast members as well 'Downton Abbey's' O'Brien is a hottie! - The Clicker
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 03-14-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

OMG. The things they can do with hair, makeup and costume are amazying!

WELCOME back to FORT!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG. The things they can do with hair, makeup and costume are amazying!

WELCOME back to FORT!
    Which is what I'd like to see more of on Face Off.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I'm late in catching up with this thread as I've been on holiday the past 5+ weeks. If you google Siobhan Finneran there are tons of pics of her. This one in particular yes she looks nothing like O'brien... however in plenty of others you can quite easily see the O'brien in Siobhan.

Here is a link to the article from which the photo seems to have come... there are other "current" pics of some other cast members as well 'Downton Abbey's' O'Brien is a hottie! - The Clicker
    That is truly amazing! Thanks for those pics.

The only one of the women I recognized without reading the captions is the actress who plays Edith.

+ Reply to Thread