+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 140 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree877Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Yes, I think Robert is more intense. It could be an accumulation of many things. Sybil's choice of husband, almost losing DA, Bates found guilty of murder, Cora almost dying, and his middle daugther being jilted at the alter. The man has been through a lot. lol I hope he becomes more tolerant. He may have stroke if he doesn't chill out.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I know people have been down on Mary vis a vis her interaction with Ethel last week but I saw her more as resigned than anything. She's a pragmatist and not one to utter platitudes when she knows that her relationship with Ethel will likely continue in the same fashion as it always has done. And I was glad she stood up for Sibyl (baby and mother) this week regarding the baptism.
    I'm confused. Do you mean Edith? I don't recall Mary having an interaction with Ethel...?

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode this week. I loved the interaction this week between the servants: Daisy, Ivy , the footmen, and Thomas. Then when Mrs. Patmore came in and yelled that they were all in love with the wrong people I was

I also loved that none of the Crowley women left when Lord Grantham came huffing into the lunch to demand that they all leave. The women in this show seem much more adaptable to change than the men. Especially the older men.

And I adored the interaction between Daisy and William's father. I hope she does leave Downton to learn from him, but I hope they are able to keep her character in the show.

SO glad Bates will be out of jail next week. That story was dragging. I was having trouble keeping track of the sneaky behavior among the inmates and guards, and figuring out exactly what was going on during the whispered conversations.

Does anyone think that Thomas has lost his mind or is Mrs. Hughes actually playing him. How dumb can he be? She told him point blank that she was going to get him back, but he seems to have forgotten. When she made the comment that the new guy really likes him, he seemed to buy it hook, line and sinker or was he prentending and laying a trap for Mrs. Hughes? It's difficult for me to think that a gay man can't pick up when another man is not gay and not into you. I don't think he's that dumb.

I'm actually a little tired of the repeat flirting in the kitchen that is always interrupted with "Let's get back to work," and it goes no where. I'm tired of it. Enough already, IMO.

Daisy annoys me to no end. She seems to have no common sense. What's wrong with her? She acted crazy with the whole thing and her dead husband, then his dad and still she acts so dense. I find it frustrating. It's good her father-in-law thinks she's a diamond. Right. lol

FORT Fan

You mean O'Brien, not Mrs. Hughes. And I think he's so infatuated that he WANTED to hear what O'Brien was saying about Jimmy "purring" from his attentions, so he conveniently forgot that she is out for revenge. We all do that.

Remember, having a homosexual affair was illegal in those days so he has to be very careful that his attentions are welcome before he makes a move. He's getting all kinds of hints that Jimmy might be gay -- he seems to have no interest in any of the girls, he has very girlish feminine looks, and so far he has not told Thomas to bug off when he gets all touchy-feely. Of course, we know that O'Brien is encouraging him to be thankful of Thomas's attention, but Thomas doesn't know that. So for Thomas, all signs are "go." When he finally makes his move, he will be in for a very rude awakening.

As for Daisy, yeah I think she's a bit of a turnip as well. I keep wondering if maybe she'll wind up with William's father!
    prhoshay likes this.

Just 2 things ... I was shocked to see that a couple of the posts here are on the edge of being spoilers without being in spoiler tags ... so please be careful for the sake of those who have not seen Season 3 or read the outcomes and do not want to be spoiled. I only read some comprehensive episode recaps ... but if I had not those posts would have been spoilers for me.

The other thing is that although I did enjoy the latest episode ... so much of it felt like filler to me. All that interaction and dancing in the kitchen was time wasting unless it was designed to foreshadow that Jimmy might be interested in Daisy?

I am also finding it amusing that Mary even in her mourning garb ... looks very much like a flapper
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

CCL

ClosetRTWatcher - yes, I meant Edith. Sorry, wrong "E" name.

Daisy and Williams's father...uh, no.

Jimmy was initially presented as a bit of a lothario (with his previous employer "begging" him to accompany her to France) but he hasn't really shown any romantic interest to anyone at the house. He was dancing with Daisy this week it i didn't get the vibe he was interested in her.

I don't really mind the Daisy likes Alfred, Alfred likes Ivy, Ivy likes Jimmy, Jimmy likes no one storyline. Though I feel that the Ivy character is a bit of a cipher.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Sorry, I meant Mrs. O'Brien, not Mrs. Hughes.

I thought that Jimmy told Thomas to get off of him when he was setting the clock. IMO, you get it when someone doesn't want you invading their personal space. He looked like he was giving off that vibe to me.

Of couse, maybe he'll surprise us all! Maybe Thomas has it right after all. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I thought that Jimmy told Thomas to get off of him when he was setting the clock. IMO, you get it when someone doesn't want you invading their personal space. He looked like he was giving off that vibe to me.
    No, I do not recall that dialogue between them. Actually, I think someone came along as Thomas was showing Jimmy how to set the clock and Thomas pulled his hand off Jimmy's shoulder/back.

BUT Jimmy, did say something to (I think) O'Brien about how 'close' Thomas is getting to him all the time and he does not like it. O'Brien all but poo poo to Jimmy, Thomas' actions. (As I recall).
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    No, I do not recall that dialogue between them. Actually, I think someone came along as Thomas was showing Jimmy how to set the clock and Thomas pulled his hand off Jimmy's shoulder/back.

BUT Jimmy, did say something to (I think) O'Brien about how 'close' Thomas is getting to him all the time and he does not like it. O'Brien all but poo poo to Jimmy, Thomas' actions. (As I recall).
    O'Brien is plotting her revenge on Thomas. She is setting him up!
    prhoshay, Florimel and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ladygreco View Post
    O'Brien is plotting her revenge on Thomas. She is setting him up!
    The trouble is it's going to hurt Jimmie too. I don't like that.

+ Reply to Thread