+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 145 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Whatever happened to that guy with the burned face who claimed he was a surviving relative from the Titanic. He had held up in Canada, then made his way to DA? He showed interest in Edith, then took off to get his proof.

CCL

He didn't have any proof, and he was feeling badly about fooling Edith, as he grew to know and like her, so he left Downton. As do all of Edith's love interests, it seems.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    He didn't have any proof, and he was feeling badly about fooling Edith, as he grew to know and like her, so he left Downton. As do all of Edith's love interests, it seems.
    But in season 25, which will be set in the 1990s, they will do DNA testing and find out that he IS the long-lost cousin, and he'll sue them and get what's left of the family fortune after it's been frittered away for all the years between Robert's death and the 90s. Or even worse, he'll get saddled with all the family debts.

(Sorry . . . some of these story lines get a little weird and my brain goes into overload. I do love Downton Abbey!)
    Debb70 and Poppy Fields like this.

I imagine Julian Fellowes is keeping Fake Patrick in his back pocket for now. When he's running low on ideas, he'll bring him back to challenge the line of succession for the estate.

The show is supposedly only going to run for 5 seasons, so hopefully Fellowes won't have to reach into that pocket. The "who will inherit Downton" cone has already been double-dipped.
    Critical likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    But in season 25, which will be set in the 1990s, they will do DNA testing and find out that he IS the long-lost cousin, and he'll sue them and get what's left of the family fortune after it's been frittered away for all the years between Robert's death and the 90s. Or even worse, he'll get saddled with all the family debts.

(Sorry . . . some of these story lines get a little weird and my brain goes into overload. I do love Downton Abbey!)
    Nice one. He'd be well old by then so he'd have some heirs of his own. Those Canadians, always trying to mess with Downton, be it with fake Patricks or having failed railroad companies take all of Lord Grantham's money.
    AZChristian likes this.

Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 01-24-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    PGM35 and Debb70 like this.

DA on face book is TOO FUNNY! Thanks for that.

CCL

Thanks for posting! Just the thought of Carson checking his Facebook makes me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Nice one. He'd be well old by then so he'd have some heirs of his own. Those Canadians, always trying to mess with Downton, be it with fake Patricks or having failed railroad companies take all of Lord Grantham's money.

That's what I was thinking. It'd be like the reboot of "Dallas" The next generation comes along, puttering along nicely at DA, and then shock! a stranger shows up claiming to be the descendant of the real heir. And of course he's handsome and a bad boy, so Edith and Mary's granddaughters start competing for him. And that leads to a few catfights. DA meets "Dynasty"...gotta love it.

Oh, let's see. Mattary have two grandsons. One is earnest and concerned that the estate is deeply in debt. He wants to turn it into a tourist attraction--or movie set. The other brother resists. We keep hearing the mantra "change/tradition" repeated.

Ok, stop me. I'm having way too much fun here.
    Last edited by Babbred; 01-24-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

TONIGHT's episode. January 27, 2013.

I put it in Spoilers because it is allot of info. ONLY read if you like/want Spoilers.

Click to see Spoiler:
    July 1920. Edith is asked to write a regular newspaper column. She is excited about the opportunity, but most of the family is not supportive. Isobel helps Ethel by offering her a job as a servant; however, Mrs Bird refuses to work with Ethel and consequently leaves. The new maid Ivy draws Alfred's interest and receives Daisy's resentment. Matthew believes that Robert has been mismanaging the estate and finds an ally in George Murray, the family solicitor. Mary is angry when she discovers that Matthew has been discussing this without her father, Lord Grantham, present. Sybil goes into labour and Lord Grantham hires a famous obstetrician, Sir Philip Tapsel, upsetting Dr Clarkson and Cora. The two doctors disagree over Sybil's care, Dr Clarkson insisting that Sybil is suffering from eclampsia and should be taken to hospital but Sir Philip arguing that Sybil is fit and healthy. Despite the disagreement Sybil delivers a girl and all seems well, however during the night she becomes very ill and dies. The next day Cora seems to blame her husband for the death, because of his refusal to accept Dr Clarkson's argument that Sybil was ill.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread