+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 156 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree845Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Are these people from the holiday special, or have I forgotten some things?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL

^ Jenny and Chummy are characters from Call the Midwife. I was responding to the post above me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Good! So, I haven't missed anything!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I finally caught the entire episode of the finale of season 2 of Downton. I'm now ready for season 3.

Does anyone know what the "UNCUT" British version means? Does the uncut version have more graphic content or language or just more scenes? Curious.

Also, perhaps someone can chime in on this question. Recall how the man who died in Mary's bed talked to her when he was convincing her to have a go with him? He said that there were things they could do that would not compromise her virginity. I thought I got the message, but later, Mary seemed to not bring that part up. Then in the scene where her Mary's father confronts her, she makes a statement that seems like she is suggesting that she didn't technically lose her viginity. Anyone know? If it's deal with in Season 3, please just place in spoilers. I'm just curious as how people interpreted it from viewing Season 2.

Who is ready for tonight's season 3 premier on PBS of Downton Abbey?

Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!
    Florimel, Moontat and short_lived like this.
    KAREN

Check your local PBS schedule, but in NYC, before the Downton premiere at 9, there is a special about the castle they use for filming, "Secrets of Highclere Castle" at 8.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

HGTV had a special on Friday night about castles on film and highlighted Highclere. It was very interesting. The real butler asked the show butler if he could borrow some of his staff.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I thought tonight would NEVER come!!
    momrek06 and Moontat like this.

Great 3 hours of television. I watched Call The Midwife before Downton Abby.

Anyone speculating about what really happened to Bate's wife? I have my theories, though they don't seem likely. Anyone recall when Mosley asked Bate's then girlfriend out and she professed her love for Bates? She said he held her heart. That was him, right? Recall how he seemed to be so touched by her devotion to Bates, though he was disappointed she would not accept his advances. And about that time Bate's wife had caused her and Bates so much pain? It made me wonder if Mosley decided to step in and off the woman. Is that too crazy?

Mary is still my least favorite sister, although this feeling Matthew has about not accepting the money he is to inherit is just ridiculous, IMO.

I also found it rather odd that the Lord of Downton would have been so foolish to have taken such a great risk with their money. Seems odd to me. Do you think it's for real or was the accountant who gave him to news crooked and he stole the money? Just wondering.

I must admit that I'm a little disappointed in Shirley McClain's character. I was expecting more for some reason. It just fell a little flat. Perhaps the directors could have intervened more.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-07-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Florimel likes this.

I was totally pleased with the episode last night, especially when Shirley MacLaine intervened at the ruined dinner party and completely turned it into something else.....and the 2 old ladies throwing barbs in each other's directions....marvelous!

Interesting speculation about Mosely possibly being involved in Mr. Bates's wifes death but, I agree, highly unlikely. What about the newspaper publisher? Bates's wife had brought him all into their business. You definietly walk in danger if you try to get between a big-money man and his big money. Did she threaten to reveal something about their collusion??

+ Reply to Thread