+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 149 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree802Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Masterpiece Theater

Spoilers are the worst! They are no fun. There's nothing like trying to watch something that people like to ruin for you. I like to see it in all it's entirety, without overthinking and anticipating. Nothing like the element of discovery and surprise.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's why I watched the season already. Didn't want to accidentally be spoiled!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't mind spoilers. If the storytelling is good, I can get just as deeply involved even if I know some of what to expect and sometimes it helps me watch for certain things or people.

I think about Agatha Christie's, Murder on the Orient Express. The outcome is supposed to be a MAJOR surprise; I guess it is upon first reading, which for me was so long ago, I don't recall if I figured it out early. However, I have read the book at least 20 times and watched the film even more than that. I get as much enjoyment from it as I ever did even though there is nothing I don't know by now.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I prefer repeat viewings of the episodes to being spoiled. I like discovering the things I missed before. At this point, I am rewatching the last season, and I couldn't be happier.
    PGM35 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't mind spoilers. If the storytelling is good, I can get just as deeply involved even if I know some of what to expect and sometimes it helps me watch for certain things or people.

I think about Agatha Christie's, Murder on the Orient Express. The outcome is supposed to be a MAJOR surprise; I guess it is upon first reading, which for me was so long ago, I don't recall if I figured it out early. However, I have read the book at least 20 times and watched the film even more than that. I get as much enjoyment from it as I ever did even though there is nothing I don't know by now.
    I love spoilers!

I heard also that M. Obama has the new season. Jealous.
    KAREN

Re: PBS Downton Abbey Season 3

KAREN

Season 3 is awesome! You guys are going love it!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    Season 3 is awesome! You guys are going love it!
    You already saw it, Duxxy?

Well you are one lucky Duxxy!!!
    KAREN

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

The season 3 Christmas special airs in the UK on Christmas Day -- it will air in the US after the last episode of season 3.

Happy to still have one more episode to look forward to (for those of us who managed to see S3 already)

I'm reading more news stories about Dan Stevens (Matthew) wanting to stay in New York after his run in The Heiress is done, and that he won't be a part of season 4. Not good...

Now Dan Stevens is done with Downton Abbey too | Showbiz | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Here's something else I didn't know, from the article above:
    Click to see Spoiler:

Downton creator and writer Julian Fellowes revealed the screen tragedy of her character dying in childbirth was forced upon him by the actress’s decision to leave.
    Sybil got killed off because the actress wanted to leave. Hmph! Can't these people realize a good thing when they have it?
    Last edited by Critical; 11-27-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread