+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 221 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1679Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater

Nice interview with Benedict Cumberbatch: Benedict Cumberbatch Interview -- On Sherlock Season 3 & Downton Abbey Controversy - TVLine

My favorite part:
    Should we be worried that big-time Hollywood success will take you away from Sherlock?
    Oh, no. No, not at all. I’ll always do Sherlock — it’s something I’m not going to give up on. I love it too much. It’s hard work, but it’s so rewarding and such a lovely bunch of people who do it. We love our fans and we love what it’s created. It’s an incredible thing to be part of; it doesn’t happen that often. Don’t worry; it’s not going to disappear.
    Katydyd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

There is a funny clip from first episode of Downton Abbey Season 3, over at Masterpiece; starring the incredible Maggie Smith & Shirley MacLaine.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Thanks Mike'sgirl - I will have to check it out. I am so looking forward to seeing DA s3

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    There is a funny clip from first episode of Downton Abbey Season 3, over at Masterpiece; starring the incredible Maggie Smith & Shirley MacLaine.
    I saw that. Very funny. It looks like those two are going to be formidable sparring partners!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

'Downton Abbey' Season 3 trailer: Are the Crawleys broke? - latimes.com

I BELIEVE THIS IS THE CLIP.

MAKES ME WISH DA WAS STARTING NOW and not in JANUARY.
    KAREN

It starts airing in the UK in a month or so, so it'll be available online then, if you don't want to wait for it on PBS
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

New preview from ITV1: Downton Abbey Series 3 Trailer - YouTube

"I will never be happy with anyone else as long as you walk the earth." *SWOON*
    Last edited by Critical; 09-06-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I've pre-ordered the entire season from Amazon, and will be watching the whole thing as soon as it arrives (end of January). Looks like some luscious plot twists coming up!

I've already watched episode 1 of season 3 and have got episode 2 loading right now. I just can't wait until it's on PBS! So far, it's pretty great!
    AZChristian likes this.

CCL

Anyone going to watch the new series that starts tonight on PBS, Call the Midwife?
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

+ Reply to Thread