+ Reply to Thread
Page 229 of 230 FirstFirst ... 129179219220221222223224225226227228229230 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2292
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Grantchester will film another season, but James Norton will not continue to play Sydney Chambers after the 4th season. They will write him out of the series and introduce a new vicar. What are the odds that another crime fighting vicar will arrive to solve local mysteries and murders? I think they should just end it after the next season if he doesn't want to do it anymore.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Grantchester will film another season, but James Norton will not continue to play Sydney Chambers after the 4th season. They will write him out of the series and introduce a new vicar. What are the odds that another crime fighting vicar will arrive to solve local mysteries and murders? I think they should just end it after the next season if he doesn't want to do it anymore.
    I totally understand how you feel. However, a show like Death in Paradise has had a change of their main character (doing the very same "job") three times and viewers continue to watch. it can be done.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I agree, I love James, so I'm out when he is..
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I totally understand how you feel. However, a show like Death in Paradise has had a change of their main character (doing the very same "job") three times and viewers continue to watch. it can be done.
    I do agree it can be done for certain shows. Death in Paradise is about detectives so another detective coming in .....fits. I just think another vicar coming in and having the exact same relationship with Geordie and solving crimes is a little campy and too much. I'll give it a go , because I love the characters of Grantchester, but if it's not the same I won't have trouble letting it go. The books are all about Sidney, so it is a little weird to try and keep the train going with a different character who does the same things.
    Coco46 likes this.

And don't forget Doctor Who! I remember reading taht someone said the new detective in Death in Paradise is almost as big of a deal as the next Doctor.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

Unfortunate for the series. Yes they should just kill it.

I agree! I love Death in Paradise too, and thought I would be done with the series each time the lead left...... but, ended up loving the new guys even more, each time. They have done a good job recasting. (Except, I still love and miss the original Sergeant (Camille), actress Sara Martins).

So, I reserve judgement on 5th season Vicar, until after this upcoming 4th season airs and we meet Sidney's replacement.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I agree! I love Death in Paradise too, and thought I would be done with the series each time the lead left...... but, ended up loving the new guys even more, each time. They have done a good job recasting. (Except, I still love and miss the original Sergeant (Camille), actress Sara Martins).

So, I reserve judgement on 5th season Vicar, until after this upcoming 4th season airs and we meet Sidney's replacement.
    I have really been enjoying Mooney. My husband calls him an Irish Columbo (not every one is old enough to remember that show!). I think they make sure that while they are all brilliant in solving crimes, they are different.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I love Robson Green, so I'd watch Granchester, even without James Norton. I've been getting my JN fix on BBC1's McMafia that they're now rerunning on AMC.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I watched the first episode of McMafia but found it boring so did not continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post

How much is Amanda in season 3? I have it on the dvr, but I dislike her so much I havenít brought myself to watch it yet.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

+ Reply to Thread