+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

It was very good, I do hope we haven't lost Barbara as well though..
    woodiedog likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

She and Tom will be back in the next series.
    libgirl2 and woodiedog like this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was very good, I do hope we haven't lost Barbara as well though..
    I watched it but fell asleep for the last 5, or so, minutes. Did we "lose" someone? Last scene I remember is Barbara walking out of the Christmas play with her husband.
    woodiedog likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I watched it but fell asleep for the last 5, or so, minutes. Did we "lose" someone? Last scene I remember is Barbara walking out of the Christmas play with her husband.
    Tom took another job( temporarily) but we've seen this before, and they don't come back, looking at you Chummy!
    woodiedog likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Tom took another job( temporarily) but we've seen this before, and they don't come back, looking at you Chummy!
    I still miss Chummy. Can she not just come back for even a cameo????

A real shocker about the elderly man who froze to death. I felt so bad until his wife started talking. I could see Sister Julienne not quite know what to make of it at first. She shows up to give comfort and then finds out the buy was awful. And the baby.... I just knew it. I cried to the TV "no!!!" I also had to give a laugh over Shelagh and the girdle (and the pie). She is one of my favorite people on the show.
    woodiedog likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Didn't Trixie spend time in Africa, separate from the rest of the ladies? She came back. I'd miss Barbara and Tom if they didn't come back, but I'm sure the show would be fine without them. They've lost lead characters in the past and haven't lost anything, IMO. The show is still terrific.

I think the issue with Chummy (who I don't miss at all, surprisingly) is that Miranda Hart is a very busy actress. I'm sure they would have preferred that she stay, but it seems like she just wanted to move on. I actually miss Jenny more than Chummy. For me, Chummy was a little too over-the-top and maybe that's owing to MH being (IMO, anyway) more of a comedienne than a dramatic actress.

Okay and yes, I did just say the show is still terrific, but did anyone else roll their eyes when that baby came back to life? It was just a little too cornball for me. Maybe we can attribute that to it being the Christmas episode.
    woodiedog likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Didn't Trixie spend time in Africa, separate from the rest of the ladies? She came back. I'd miss Barbara and Tom if they didn't come back, but I'm sure the show would be fine without them. They've lost lead characters in the past and haven't lost anything, IMO. The show is still terrific.

I think the issue with Chummy (who I don't miss at all, surprisingly) is that Miranda Hart is a very busy actress. I'm sure they would have preferred that she stay, but it seems like she just wanted to move on. I actually miss Jenny more than Chummy. For me, Chummy was a little too over-the-top and maybe that's owing to MH being (IMO, anyway) more of a comedienne than a dramatic actress.

Okay and yes, I did just say the show is still terrific, but did anyone else roll their eyes when that baby came back to life? It was just a little too cornball for me. Maybe we can attribute that to it being the Christmas episode.
    If the baby wouldn't have lived it wouldn't be a Christmas Special.
    Punkin and woodiedog like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

My understanding is that Actors present in Christmas Special are all still a part of the series. My guess is that we will pick up next season just as Barbara & Tom are returning, or like Trixie.... they will appear soon after.

Miranda Hart (Chummy) wants to come back, but is in demand and has a packed schedule. The actor that plays her husband
    Click to see Spoiler:
    said both he and Miranda would enjoy doing a cameo at some point in future, as their schedules would allow.
    woodiedog likes this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

CCL

Click to see Spoiler:
    Tom and Barbara are not back until the latter part of the next series, according to the actress who plays Barbara.
    Mary Cynthia, Patsy and Delia are all not returning. They were not referenced in the Christmas Special (at least that I noticed) so I hope there is a little comment/update as to where they have gone.
    Mike'sgirl and woodiedog like this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Anyone else watch Season 2 premier and 2nd ep of Victoria last night?! I loved it! This show and Versailles (on Ovation) have really piqued my interest in their respective monarchs/time periods!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

+ Reply to Thread