+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 222 FirstFirst ... 121171211212213214215216217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2216
Like Tree1693Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I loved this season of endeavour . Season 5 is being filmed now and will be 6 episodes instead of 4! Season 6 has also been confirmed!!!!! I saw all the UK episodes and pbs cuts about 10 min. From each show. Do they do that with all their imported shows?

I am excited for poldark!
    Mike'sgirl and Fo'Realz? like this.

Has anyone else been watching Poldark/The Collection? A couple of thoughts:

This season of Poldark is pretty good. I love how they have beefed up Geoffrey Charles' role. In the novels the children were "seen and not heard" until they got older. This is an adaptation I actually liked. One I didn't like, however, was bluntly revealing that the baby wasn't George's. Graham never revealed who Valentine's real father was. That ambiguity haunted the books and added a real layer of poignancy to all the main relationships.

I guess The Collection is supposed to be loosely based on Christian Dior. (Mobs of peasant women really did attack the women who wore his New Look dresses.) Why not just dramatize his life, then? There was plenty of drama in it. He had an overbearing mother. He stayed in business during the war and like Chanel narrowly escaped being accused of collaboration afterwards. His dresses caused a controversy when he introduced them--the British government even banned them since they were still rationing everything. He was gay, but moved with a very bohemian set that accepted him. Best of all, he was a late bloomer who didn't start designing until later in life. Kind of gives hope to the rest of us.
    Mike'sgirl and momrek06 like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Just a reminder: Tune in this Sunday, October 15 at 8/7c on MASTERPIECE on PBS for Season 2 of: The Durrells in Corfu.
    Imperfect1 and Fo'Realz? like this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

The Collection premiered on Amazon in (I think) February. I watched it a few months ago and really enjoyed it. The clothing alone makes it worth watching! I'm hoping it gets a second season.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

LOVE both POLDARK and THE COLLECTION!!!

Ths Season of Poldark is so good so far. AND ITA loving Geoffrey Charles this season. He is adorable and loves his Uncle Ross.

We just started watching The Collection (last night) and we are only an hour into the two hour premier. Its so good.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

Last night, I finally sat down to watch The Collection. I really enjoyed the story and the acting. Looking forward experiencing the remainder of the series.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Last night, I finally sat down to watch The Collection. I really enjoyed the story and the acting. Looking forward experiencing the remainder of the series.
    Being a TWO hour Premier ... I did take a few nights to get through it (as I was watching so many other great shows) and I absolutely LOVE IT.
    KAREN

I'm thrilled the Durrells in Corfu are back! 6 more episodes. And there will be a third season too.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I'm thrilled the Durrells in Corfu are back! 6 more episodes. And there will be a third season too.
    I know British series have fewer episodes per season (series), but 6 is terribly short.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    I know British series have fewer episodes per season (series), but 6 is terribly short.
    TV is moving in that direction. They have discovered it more profitable as people are too lazy to find a new station and other shows to invest time into if they can just give them a couple short seasons with a lot of reruns instead of one long one.

+ Reply to Thread