+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 140 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree876Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater

It looks like Foyle's Way has been renewed: ITV Renews Foyle's War For Season Eight

I haven't read anything about the next series of Sherlock. I think Martin and Benedict are still filming The Hobbit, so they probably won't be back to filming Sherlock until the fall. Series 2 aired in Britain in early 2012, so I think it will probably be the same for series 3.

I'd love to see more of Irene Adler again! They had such great chemistry that I can't imagine that they wouldn't have her back.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

The third season of Sherlock won't start filming til the first part of 2013.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Loved the second series as much as the first!

Even though I knew Sherlock wasn't really dead, I do have to admit that I teared up when Watson was giving his little speech at Sherlock's grave. It was so sweet and heartfelt.

For those who enjoy Sherlock, I just wanted to mention that CBS has a new show for Fall 2012 called "Elementary". Featuring Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock, Lucy Liu as Watson and Aidan Quinn as Captain Tobias. Modern day Sherlock on the streets of NY. I enjoyed the preview and am looking forward to it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I refuse to watch that new show. Sherlock in America and Watson is a woman? Honestly, the description sounds like a send-up of a TV pitch meeting. No thanks. I love Jonny Lee Miller, but this just feels like American TV trying to capitalize on a trend. Benedict is the best Sherlock (and I include RDJ in the comparison as well), I don't need to watch anyone else.

I'll stick with the good version on PBS and will wait patiently until the next season of Benedict and Martin.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

CCL

Meh, I don't care, I'll tune into the first episode most probably. I like Jonny Lee Miller. It's like how Snow White keeps turning up this year - Once Upon a Time; Mirror, Mirror; Snow White and the Huntsman. Seeing one didn't stop me from watching the other.
    Florimel likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Awww, but it's Lucy Liu Critical! I have to admit, I love all Sherlocks. RDJ is also a favorite (Sherlock or not). I enjoy the variety, and (from the preview) it feels different. I think I will enjoy it. Remember, it will be a looooong wait til the next season is ready....... Maybe tune in for just one teeny weeny show, and if you don't like it, you will at least have given Jonny a fair chance.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Awww, but it's Lucy Liu Critical! I have to admit, I love all Sherlocks. RDJ is also a favorite (Sherlock or not). I enjoy the variety, and (from the preview) it feels different. I think I will enjoy it. Remember, it will be a looooong wait til the next season is ready....... Maybe tune in for just one teeny weeny show, and if you don't like it, you will at least have given Jonny a fair chance.
    Sorry, but Lucy Liu is another strike against the show for me. Really though, I can't imagine ANY actress who could make me excited about a female Watson. I love RDJ, but I thought his Sherlock was awful. I could barely get through it.

I'd rather watch other JLM movies than this show. It just doesn't interest me. I'll tide myself over until new Sherlock episodes by watching seasons 1 & 2 over again.

I'm not a big Sherlock Holmes fan. I watch Sherlock because it is SO good. Great acting, great chemistry between all the actors, it's clever and the writing is terrific. I'll be overjoyed to see season 3 next spring, but I've got plenty of other TV shows to watch until then!
    Florimel likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

RDJ is just too full of himself these days, and that smug smirk leaks through onto all of his recent characters. I give him full props for turning his life around and becoming so popular and successful in his films, but he's an ACTOR --- so start ACTING Robert, and leave the personal stuff off the screen!!!

I love "Sherlock" on PBS....but I'll be tuning in to "Elementary" too. I'm not a Holmes purist at all, so it doesn't really make a difference to me how they switch things up. I'm just planning to watch the new one because the premise looks good. I'm pretty sure if I tried to compare it to "Sherlock" it wold fall flat...I agree with you Crit that BC is the best Sherlock Holmes out there ! But, that doesn't mean I didn't really enjoy the RDJ movies on the their own merit...and I really hope they make another one! So that's the plan for "Elementary"....watch it and (hopefully!) enjoy it simply for what it is, without trying to make comparisons to any other on screen (or literary) Holmes. Honestly, I just love a good "whodunnit" or procedural, and since there are so few of those on TV now, I'm glad they're adding another
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread