+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 222 FirstFirst ... 116166206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2211
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I flipped by and saw it was on.... just didn't interest me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We watched the first few minutes (until Prince Harry was walking away from the family at the church). It was macabre and in poor taste up until then. I didn't see much hope that it was going to get better, so we turned it off.
    That is exactly when we turned to another show. We gave it through Harry and then say naaaaaa.
    tinderbox and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

We do have something good to look forward too though.... The Chaperone will come to Masterpiece as a feature film with Julian Fellowes at the helm. It is another period drama with Elizabeth McGovern already signed up. “The Chaperone,” based on Laura Moriarty’s best-selling novel, will be scripted by Fellowes, directed by Michael Engler, and star McGovern. It will air on PBS stations nationwide after its initial theatrical run.

I have no idea how long it will take, but I expect with Fellowes at the helm it will be worth waiting for.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

I am really late to the party.

I'm so sad Home Fires has ended. Darn it! I loved that show. Understand why it ended with so many cliff hangers but the next season could have been sooooo good!

Anyway, I am happy for the upcoming series of books which I intend to read. Am I correct that the first installment, Keep the Home Fires Burning, will be released in July or August as an E Book only? Then, the remaining three will be released both as E Books and hardcover books over the next year or two? That's the info I gathered from Amazon but I could be incorrect.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Okay, so the season-ending episode of "Call the Midwife" was awesome.

But then we had "Dark Angel" . . . in which sweet Anna Bates (Joanne Froggett) is now a true-life serial killer who murders at least 3 husbands (including Daisy's William!), a lover, and a whole bunch of children. It was an interesting story, but too rushed for two hours. Every time she offered someone a "nice cuppa tea," you knew they were next in line.

As we were watching this, Mr. AZC said, "Okay, I can see Vera Bates doing this, but NOT Anna!!!!"
    I'm Paula.

Call the Midwife was wonderful. I felt so bad for the woman with the BC pills. Once I saw her popping them, I knew there was going to be a bad end. Barbara getting a diaphragm was quite funny. Just the look on her face. Sheylagh in labor saying she can't believe this was what she wanted. The dentist's daughter and Trixie look like they are going to get along fabulous.

The carousel was the perfect, most beautiful ending for the season. I cried! Tom and Barbara had a beautiful plot line! I read that Patsy and Delia(?) are not coming back. While I appreciated their story being told, they always seemed mad at each other; not in love. I'm glad Trixie's story is taking a happy upturn.

I watched Dark Angel and it went too fast. It was a lot of murder for 2 hours. It probably would have worked better as a miniseries or broken up to two weeks.

Grantchester coming soon!!!!

I think Patsy and Delia just have a lot to deal with. If they don't come back, I will miss them, but there are an awful lot of nurses running around. They need another nun. I did read they will have an African nurse next series. Maybe Sister Mary Cynthia can recover and come back.

The carousel was lovely. A fitting season ender with everyone together and happy. I teared up when Reggie called Vi "Mum". Barbara was stunning. I am so going to miss this show until the Christmas special.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 05-25-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Mike'sgirl, mina and tinderbox like this.

I just read, they are leaving as well as the actress who plays Sister Mary Cynthia.

Since these are spoilers I will protect:

Click to see Spoiler:
    In addition to Patsy, Delia, and Cynthia leaving, we also know that Sgt Peter Noakes will not be returning either. He does hope to return at some point, perhaps with onscreen wife Chummy, but he is moving on to play "slightly edgy parts".

BBC has ordered 3 more seasons of Call the Midwife, Yay!!!
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 05-26-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    libgirl2 and tinderbox like this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

+ Reply to Thread