+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 156 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree851Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater

I think Dickens', Mystery of Edwin Drood is scheduled for my PBS tonight. Still looking for Whitechapel.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Not confirmed, but I just read an article on the BBC site and also one in the Daily Mail that is saying that Maggie Smith will not be part of Downton Abbey after Season 3.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I saw something else that said nothing was decided yet. All we know for sure is that she'll be in season 3. After that =
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm just grateful that there will be additional seasons after Season 3.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Downton Abbey Season 3 is filming now and will premiere in September in the UK, in case you are watching on "alternative" sites online.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Has anybody here watched "Birdsong"? It was recommended to me by a friend. I have watched part 1 and some of part 2 and I am enjoying it. Pretty well done with the flashbacks. My only complaint is that I sometimes have a difficult time understanding dialogue mostly due to accents. It is still on demand here but only for a few days/

Mohandas Gandhi

Is anyone else excited about the US premiere of Sherlock season 2 this Sunday? I liked the show a lot last season, and I'm a big Martin Freeman fan. I also like to say "Benedict Cumberbatch" out loud over and over. It's the most British sounding name. Try it, Benedict Cumberbatch, it's a lot of fun!
    Katydyd likes this.

I can't wait for Sherlock either brunette trixie!! I loved the first season, and from everything I've heard, this one is just as good or better. I have been holding out and not watching it on-line, so the anticipation is huge.....totally looking forward to Sunday
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I've not watched it ... but I will be trying it out this season based on recommendations.

Mohandas Gandhi

I have NO willpower. I watched season 2 as soon as it was available online. Even better than season 1!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread