+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 153 FirstFirst ... 52102142143144145146147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1526
Like Tree968Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I guess that means 6 months to a year before it will air locally..... so disappointing. Maybe I will have to go and watch a few of the early series just to get my fix now. Thank goodness I am enjoying Granchester...I wonder what else is coming in 2015, anyone?

Update: Ohh Arthur & George and Home Fires both look promising!
    I read about those two upcoming shows and I agree they look promising. I really like Martin Clunes.

Of course, the new season of Mr. Selfridge is coming soon, the end of March, I think.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I am on the last episode of season 1 of The Paradise. I tried to watch it last night, but fell asleep part of the way in. It is a really good show. I can't wait to see season 2. I just wish it wasn't canceled Everyone is so good in it. I have to admit to not liking Katherine Glendenning in the last few episodes! Love Denise! I also find the actress that plays Pauline (one of the shopgirls) reminds me of actress Pauling Collins.
    I read that the new season of 'The Paradise' will be coming to the US in the not-too-distant-future, and the new seasons of 'Mr. Selfridge' will be airing in the US March 29 - May 17, 2015. And, the best news is that Season 3 of the 'Last Tango in Halifax' is doing so well (in England) that it's been renewed for a 4th season! So, we have all this good tv to look forward to!!!
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

Season 2 of The Paradise played on my PBS affiliate. I don't think there is a season 3. I finished season 1 and really loved it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was thinking about giving Mr. Selfridge a go.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I love Mr. Selfridge. When we go to England in July, a stop at Selfridge's is on the agenda. Can I bring anyone anything? LOL. I've promised myself a pair of earrings from there, so whenever I wear them, I'll be reminded of the trip.
    Punkin, libgirl2 and Imperfect1 like this.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I love Mr. Selfridge. When we go to England in July, a stop at Selfridge's is on the agenda. Can I bring anyone anything? LOL. I've promised myself a pair of earrings from there, so whenever I wear them, I'll be reminded of the trip.
    I am jealous, not only are you going to England, but you get to go there!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I am jealous, not only are you going to England, but you get to go there!
    (And Highclere House . . . "Downton Abbey.") Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be blessed enough to do some of the things we're doing right now. We tell our kids, "We're not leaving much to our heirs . . . just amazing pictures of us spending their inheritance!"
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    (And Highclere House . . . "Downton Abbey.") Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be blessed enough to do some of the things we're doing right now. We tell our kids, "We're not leaving much to our heirs . . . just amazing pictures of us spending their inheritance!"
    Its my dream to go to the UK.
    AZChristian likes this.

Well, I think Hildagard is gone now. She certainly seemed ready to move on when she dropped her glove. I wonder why Sydney didn't mention he was drunk and hung over when he slept with the singer... Gloria? Not that it would have mattered I guess.

I loved Geordie singing from Pirates of Penzance near the end. Enjoyed the housekeeper and assistant wanting to help Sydney because they care so much for him that they would put on a little "act" at police headquarters to help him with the case.
    It was such a sad episode focusing on PTSD, so it was a fitting resolution between Sydney and Amanda in the end. Their relationship was born out of his PTSD. I hadn't realized she had gotten him through that initial time post war, it's obvious they were fond of each other, but just not meant for each other.
    Punkin likes this.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." Sense and Sensibility

There will be a season 2, but I'm not sure how long it will take for it to come to PBS. I am so irritated that it and the other Masterpiece shows are not aired until way after they've been shown in their entirety in Britain.
    prhoshay, Mike'sgirl and tinderbox like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread