+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1073Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    QI has been around for a lot longer than two seasons -it has been on for over a decade! They have a lot of past episodes on youtube.

Anyhow, to get back on the topic of Masterpiece -are we supposed to be sympathetic to Sidney's non-girlfriend in Grantchester? I just want her to go away. Loving the new assistant curate however.
    I like Amanda, just not for Sidney.

I watched the rest of the episodes over the weekend. Can't wait for the new season to start next fall!

ETA: I don't like Hildegard for Sidney either, BTW. She seems too cold.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Article in Seattle Times about Father Brown and Sidney Chambers.
    http://seattletimes.com/html/books/2...riestsxml.html

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I love the series, but I can't help to think that it's strange that in such a small village there's a new murder every week that is somehow connected to Sidney's parish.

Unbelievable small town intrigue and remote connections ... That hasn't stop me from loving Father Brown or Midsomer Murders or Foyle's War or Agatha Christie's Miss Marple! Or even Murder, She Wrote, back in the day.
    Mike'sgirl and Florimel like this.

Foyle's War has been pretty cosmopolitan over the past few seasons, especially the last two. Not as much small town intrigue, at least where Foyle is involved. I'm still so disappointed in the Adam recast that I don't enjoy Sam's storylines as much any more. Love the show, but just not her domestic scenes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

is my network the only one not scheduled to carry Foyle's War? Or, are you all watching an early release that has not yet hit public television in US? I love that show, didn't realize they had a new season available. I guess I will check out Amazon to see if it can be ordered....
    Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I'm thoroughly enjoying Grantchester and am sad the season will only have six episodes but am happy to read there will be a second season.

I, too, haven't warmed up to Hildegard but do enjoy the remainder of the characters very much.

Mike'sGirl, re Foyle's War: I'm new to it, and catching up on very old seasons. It runs several times a week in the afternoons on my local PBS channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    is my network the only one not scheduled to carry Foyle's War? Or, are you all watching an early release that has not yet hit public television in US? I love that show, didn't realize they had a new season available. I guess I will check out Amazon to see if it can be ordered....
    I'm watching it as airs in the UK.... or, rather, I was. The season finished a few weeks ago. I've watched all of Grantchester too. I'm not a very patient person.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

I guess that means 6 months to a year before it will air locally..... so disappointing. Maybe I will have to go and watch a few of the early series just to get my fix now. Thank goodness I am enjoying Granchester...I wonder what else is coming in 2015, anyone?

Update: Ohh Arthur & George and Home Fires both look promising!
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 02-13-2015 at 04:31 PM.
    Florimel likes this.
    Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I am on the last episode of season 1 of The Paradise. I tried to watch it last night, but fell asleep part of the way in. It is a really good show. I can't wait to see season 2. I just wish it wasn't canceled Everyone is so good in it. I have to admit to not liking Katherine Glendenning in the last few episodes! Love Denise! I also find the actress that plays Pauline (one of the shopgirls) reminds me of actress Pauling Collins.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread