+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4999139140141142143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1504
Like Tree811Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Now I see what all the fuss was about re The Paradise. I just finished watching the series on Netflix. I do hope Season 2 comes along soon.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk
    Florimel and Imperfect1 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Welcome to the club!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We'll start seeing a lot of teasers for Downton Season 5 online in a few weeks since it premieres in the UK in Spet. -- here's a spoiler-free article that discusses Maggie Smith's role in the new season:

Downton Abbey Promises a “Brilliant” Season 5 Plot for Maggie Smith’s Dowager Countess - VanityFair.com
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thanks for that article on Downton, MFWalkoff. I'm so pleased we'll be seeing Maggie Smith in a featured storyline. If they are really planning to go heavy on the guest stars, I would love to see Michael Caine cast to play opposite her. They are so great together.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just received an email from Masterpiece announcing that the first episode of the second (and final) season of The Paradise will be broadcast on Sunday, September 28th @ 8:00 p.m. eastern time. YAY...
    Last edited by tinderbox; 07-26-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

I got that email, too, and I'm totally eager for it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I got it as well, I am looking forward to it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The new season of Poirot starts tonight on Masterpiece Mystery. Albert Finney was my all time favorite Hercule Poirot, but David Suchet is right up there. I've been waiting for this one.

Another just-for-fun favorite is also coming back to PBS on July 31. I speak of Death In Paradise. It has a new lead actor, but they will also be showing what happened to D.I. Richard Poole and why he's not returning to the island.

As with so many other BBC shows on PBS, Season 3 is already finished, but we're six months late in getting it. Infuriating!
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

I enjoyed Season 3 of Death in Paradise very much. It aired on Iowa Public Television in May 2014. I missed two episodes and was hoping to catch those while traveling out to Pacific Northwest in June but none of the stations available were showing it. I wish there was a way to easily watch missed episode of PBS shows that are not the well known ones. Anyway, I love this series and all of the quirky characters. I think you will really enjoy the new season, the new lead is very likeable and had big shoes to fill. Richard did return to the island, and in an interesting way, solves the first mystery.
    Florimel likes this.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

They sure surprised me with how they handled the change in lead character. I was NOT expecting that. The ending of the episode for the new lead character also surprised me. Actually I found most of the twists and turns of the episode intriguing. Job well done!
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread