+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree839Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I watched most of "Vicious" last night. Loved everyone in it . . . but the show has no charm, and I didn't care for it at all. Disappointed.
    I found myself laughing out loud during Vicious, probably because of the talent of Derek Jacobi and Ian McKellen. I also loved seeing Frances de la Tour again, whom I hadn't seen in anything since her Harry Potter days. I shall be watching more of the show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I do love Jacobi and McKellen . . . just didn't care for this show. Frances was in "The Book of Eli," playing the wife of Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore). Totally cracked me up to see them in this totally different light.

I though some people might want to see the entire upcoming schedule for Masterpiece Mystery that I found on the pbs.org site. Every show listed is one that I'm eager to see.

2014 MASTERPIECE Mystery! Full Schedule | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS
    Punkin, Miss_Griss and Fo'Realz? like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I though some people might want to see the entire upcoming schedule for Masterpiece Mystery that I found on the pbs.org site. Every show listed is one that I'm eager to see.

2014 MASTERPIECE Mystery! Full Schedule | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS
    That's great! thank you..one I didnt see was this one..

Worricker: Turks & Caicos

Bill Nighy reprises his role as MI5 spy Johnny Worricker in a follow-up to the acclaimed Page Eight (MASTERPIECE, 2011). Worricker, who has just left his job at MI5, escapes to the distant islands of Turks & Caicos, where an order from the CIA puts him back to work. The top-tier cast also includes Christopher Walken, Winona Ryder, Helena Bonham Carter and Ralph Fiennes. Written and directed by David Hare. Sunday, November 9, 2014, 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't see that one either, Fanny. I wonder if it's because this one listed only Masterpiece Mystery. Could the Worricker show possibly be on Masterpiece Theater, or Masterpiece Contemporary? I'll watch for it either way. I love Bill Nighy.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I didn't see that one either, Fanny. I wonder if it's because this one listed only Masterpiece Mystery. Could the Worricker show possibly be on Masterpiece Theater, or Masterpiece Contemporary? I'll watch for it either way. I love Bill Nighy.
    I love him as well Florimel. I have it on my calendar..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Apparently Sherlock will return in 2015 for a fourth series, and will include a Holiday special...

"Did you miss me?"

Twitter teaser promises 'biggest mysteries yet' and hint of a return for Moriarty in new Sherlock
    While looking around for info I found this Mini-episode for Series 3. It's quite clever...

Many Happy Returns - Sherlock Series 3 Prequel
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

CCL

^ Sort of...Christmas episode at the end of 2015 and then the regular show in 2016.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    ^ Sort of...Christmas episode at the end of 2015 and then the regular show in 2016.
    That's like two years away! Why, why why? I want beginning of 2015 not the end....disappointed.
    Florimel likes this.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Freeman and Cumberbatch are both VERY successful with many projects ahead. It will be a challenge to film 4 episodes.
    Florimel likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread