+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134135136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1446
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

They ended it beautifully though! I would love to see another season of it, but at least they ended it leaving me feeling fulfilled. I had really doubted last week that it would be resolved to my satisfaction, but was happily surprised to be so wrong. I loved last nights episode!

I also enjoyed the last one for Worricker as well. Love HBC, loved that it wasn't a "typical" happy ending. I know it was the last in the Worricker trilogy, but I think they left it open enough so that they could do more should they decide to pick it up again at a later time.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I passed on The Paradise this season, but I do look forward to watching the conclusion of Woricker. I'm not sure why, but it takes me awhile to get through those two hours!

They both ended very well. Its a wrap for both..

.I agree Debb two hours with no commercials is different isn't it?
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PBS released its winter/spring schedule, including what's coming on Masterpiece:

Sundays remain PBS' anchor of appointment television with the start of an expanded commitment to Sunday night drama that adds 20 hours of new MASTERPIECE episodes through 2015, funded by sole corporate sponsor Viking River Cruises. In addition to Season Five of the international phenomenon "Downton Abbey," a Carnival Films/Masterpiece Co-Production premiering Sunday, January 4, at 9:00 p.m. ET (watch a clip here), MASTERPIECE adds two major new dramas, "Grantchester" beginning January 18 at 10:00 p.m. ET, and "Wolf Hall" on April 5 at 10:00 p.m. ET. The premieres of additional new MASTERPIECE titles, "Poldark" (a swashbuckling new adaptation of the hit 1970s drama) and "Indian Summers," occur later in the year. MASTERPIECE at 9pm is sponsored by Ralph Lauren Corporation and Viking River Cruises. Click here for more information on PBS' expanded MASTERPIECE lineup.

Another returning Sunday night drama is Season Three of the popular MASTERPIECE series "Mr. Selfridge," beginning March 20 at 9:00 p.m. ET, with Jeremy Piven as the flamboyant American entrepreneur of London department store fame.

Returning for Season Four is the critically acclaimed CALL THE MIDWIFE on March 29 at 8:00 p.m. ET. Inspired by the beloved memoirs of nurse Jennifer Worth, the series relates heartwarming stories of the nuns and midwives in London's Poplar neighborhood. And back this summer is VICIOUS for a second season.

Breaking News - PBS Unveils New Titles as Part of Winter/Spring Season and Expanded Sunday Night Drama Lineup in 2015 | TheFutonCritic.com
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

All I can say is YES!!!! I'm looking forward to it all!

Happy to see they are showing real ballroom dancing in April.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

MASTERPIECE series "Mr. Selfridge" finally!
    Punkin and prhoshay like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    MASTERPIECE series "Mr. Selfridge" finally!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm really looking forward to season 3 of 'Mr. Selfridge' -- but I'm not looking forward to watching how they portray what REALLY happened in Mr. Selfridge's later years.

OK. I realize this is just my opinion, but...

As a newcomer to Lark Rise to Candleford (I've been DVRing the show daily for a few weeks.) I can say I truly enjoyed each and every episode until now. I think I'm currently viewing what was the first few episodes of the third season and have noticed a huge change in the storytelling and feel of the show, in general. Yesterday, I watched the episode about the bishop coming to town and I thought it was totally stuuuuupid and found myself FF through a lot of it.

Does anybody know if the show had a change of writers and/or producers at the beginning of the third season? Does the series go downhill from here or was this just a bump in the road? Thanks...

Tinderbox, there was a bump in the road, IMO. At times I grew annoyed at some of the stories. I was not as amused with some of the bizarre and supposedly humorous antics of the girl who worked for the Post Mistresses and the niece of the Post Mistress. Both of them got away with murder, IMO and it didn't seem authentic at all. I also grew tired of the Post Mistress' cousin. She was so bossy and never seemed to learn any lesson.

Still, I watched all the episodes, most multiple times. I liked the ending.

+ Reply to Thread