+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree839Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Call The Midwife really pulled it out on their finale. The show has suffered most of this season, but the finale was a jewel! I loved it. It was well written and so emotional. I cried throughout the show.

I am curious about the change of career by Jenny. Is that in the book? Did the real girl do that? What city was Jenny moving to? I tried to locate where the Marie Curry hospital was, but apparently they were all over the UK according to this article I found.

http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/Documen...foundation.pdf

There's another season right?
    She did go into hospice/end of life care and even wrote a book about it, In the Midst of Life.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

2014 MASTERPIECE Mystery! Full Schedule | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS
    schedule of what is coming on
    THE ESCAPE ARTIST
    Sundays, June 15 & 22, 1014, at 9pm ET
    David Tennant (Broadchurch, Doctor Who) stars as a brilliant defense lawyer with a storybook family and a potent nickname, “The Escape Artist,” for his ability to spring the obviously guilty. But then he gets a trial that changes his life forever. Written by David Wolstencroft (Spooks), this gripping legal thriller costars Sophie Okonedo (Hotel Rwanda) as the hero’s rival, along with a courtroom full of ambitious attorneys and one very unnerving defendant.
    Punkin and libgirl2 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've been waiting eagerly for the start of The Escape Artist. I love Masterpiece Mystery and I doubt this one will be an exception. Still almost a month until episode 1, sad to say.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've been waiting eagerly for the start of The Escape Artist. I love Masterpiece Mystery and I doubt this one will be an exception. Still almost a month until episode 1, sad to say.
    Same here! I hate to wish my life away, but roll on June
    -Andy Rooney-

I enjoyed the finale of Call the Midwife but found it very hard to believe Jenny would change her career path (such extremes!!) so quickly. I was surprised when I read here that these were the true choices she made, in real life. Truth is often stranger than fiction.

I thought the Selfridge finale was excellent. A lot of storylines were completely tied up
    (hope that's the end of Delphine) and others loosely held together (What will happen with Mr. Corleano? Will he still work in the store?) I'm assuming that next season will probably bring us close to the roarin' twenties era. The end of the war tales will prove to be interesting, I think. Which characters will come back from the war? Will Aggie an LeClair reunite? Will Mrs. Selfridge have already passed away? If so, how will it have changed Mr. Selfridge?

I liked the first season of Selfridge BUT season two surpassed it...BIG TIME. I even began to like Jeremy Piven in the role, which speaks volumes...believe me.
    Punkin, Imperfect1 and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I enjoyed the finale of Call the Midwife but found it very hard to believe Jenny would change her career path (such extremes!!) so quickly. I was surprised when I read here that these were the true choices she made, in real life. Truth is often stranger than fiction.

I thought the Selfridge finale was excellent. A lot of storylines were completely tied up
    (hope that's the end of Delphine) and others loosely held together. I'm assuming that next season will probably bring us close to the roarin' twenties era. The end of the war tales will prove to be interesting, I think. Which characters will come back from the war? Will Aggie an LeClair reunite? Will Mrs. Selfridge have already passed away? If so, how will it have changed Mr. Selfridge?

I liked the first season of Selfridge BUT season two surpassed it...BIG TIME. I even began to like Jeremy Piven in the role, which speaks volumes...believe me.
    Would Selfridge and Lady Mae ever be a couple. I like her, and I don't want her to leave
    Punkin likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is there to be another season of Mr. Selfridge? The final episode of this second season didn't give me the impression that there will be another.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Never mind. I just read that there will be a season 3.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I just watched the Mr. Selfridge finale and was in tears at the end. I LOVED when, at the end, at Thanksgiving dinner, Mrs. Selfridge said she wanted to just keep this special moment in time, because I believe that in REAL LIFE, that probably WAS their happiest moment in time. I won't give away anything that happened to their future, but that was a perfect place to end Series 2. I was also so moved by Aggie and LeClair finding love with each other (and her probable staying and working at Selfridge's until, at least, after the war), and Miss Martle and her young boyfriend finding love too.

PS I totally agree with everything you posted, Fanny Mare!
    Punkin likes this.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

I think I may be the only person on earth who would rather Agnes remain with Victor. It's a shame that she would have had to compromise her career though, if she went that path. I just don't feel her with Leclair.

+ Reply to Thread