+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1446
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Did anyone watch PBS's Fall Festival of the Arts last night. They were at the San Francisco Opera Company doing Gershwin's Porgy and Bess and it was fantastic.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Is anyone planning to watch Death Comes to Pemberley? I'm not sure how I feel about taking the happy ending to Pride & Prejudice and messing it up a little. At first I thought it might be interesting, but now watching the promotions has me feeling confused. Why ruin a good thing? Anyone else?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I felt the same way, and was hesitant to watch Death Comes to Pemberlay. But it didn't disappoint, it didn't spoil the Pride & Prejudice happy ending, and I really enjoyed it.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Finally saw the first episode of Pemberley. I thought it was rather ho-hum, but I will watch the concluding episode tonight; I am kind of grateful that this will be the conclusion.

(It IS concluding, isn't it?)
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-02-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree, lol so glad that Pemberley is done, I think I expected more from the production. Johnny Worricker returns next in Turks and Caicos on Nov 9. I'm looking forward to it! On a Sherlock note..... so happy for Benedict and his fiance. They look good together and I wish them abundant happiness! Kind of funny how so many on the internet have reacted to the news of his engagement ....
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I am still watching The Paradise, there is a lot going on.
    Punkin, Mike'sgirl and tinderbox like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I adore The Paradise. Not wanting to ever see it come to an end!
    Mike'sgirl and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree! I enjoyed Season One, but for some reason I feel obsessed with Season two. We receive PBS over the air, and am thankful that we pull it in from two cities in my state. Whenever the weather interferes with one station I can switch quickly to the next. I know I can always watch online, but I don't want to wait until next day. As soon as The Paradise starts, I am waiting and ready; no one talks to me or asks for anything (well most of the time at least).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

My PBS station began airing Lark Rise to Candleford last week and I am FINALLY able to enjoy it. They're showing an episode per day and, so far, I've seen three episodes. Very happy!

Interesting how many English character actors/actresses move from PBS show to PBSshow. I've seen actors/actresses cross over from Downton Abbey, The Paradise, The Woman Vanishes, Lark Rise etc.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Worricker - on Masterpiece I'm really looking forward to this: it's a follow-up to Page Eight from a few years ago, the spy drama starting Bill Nighy. Two of my very favourite things together.
    I just picked up Page Eight from the library and am going to try to find time to watch it again before the new episodes begin. I remember liking it, but I don't remember any details about it at all

There will be two, 2-hour episodes beginning this Sunday (the 8th).
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sunday is the 9th!

+ Reply to Thread