+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree911Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Is anyone watching the new season of The Paradise? It was on last night. I tried to watch, but it really seemed like it was the same content of last season, except the rich lady's dad is dead. Her new husband has stepped in, but it's all the same story. I was tired of that story last season. It's a pity too. I really was looking forward to it.

In this show the rich daughter inherited her father's wealth. How is that possible? On Downtown Abby, they claim that the girls can't inherit from their father. They portray it as if the property will go to a cousin, if there are only females in the family. They are both set during the same time period too, right?

We loved it Thoroughly enjoyed it. I cant wait to see what this season brings. Moray might be in love, I think he will still play away
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I felt as if I see it before. last season.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Anyone catch the documentary about Agatha Christie Sunday night? I thought it was quite interesting.
    Punkin likes this.

Thoroughly enjoyed The Paradise and am looking forward to the remainder of the season. Knowing it's the last season makes me sad....
    Punkin likes this.

The Hollow Crown with BC!!!

First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch in 'The Hollow Crown' Sequel, Also Starring Andrew Scott

Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock' nemesis will star as King Louis

Benedict Cumberbatch has begun filming his role as Richard III in upcoming BBC drama The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses.

In an announcement made Wednesday, it was revealed that Andrew Scott — who plays Cumberbatch's Sherlock nemesis, Moriarty — would be joining the cast as King Louis, alongside others including Michael Gambon, Philip Glenister and Jason Watkins.

The three-part series, a co-production by Downton Abbey creator Carnival/NBCUniversal, Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions and Thirteen, follows on from 2012’s BAFTA-award winning The Hollow Crown, which starred Tom Hiddleston and Ben Whishaw, and will conclude the dramatization of Shakespeare’s History Plays.

It will air on PBS in the U.S. (and BBC2 in the U.K.) a date is yet to be announced.

Judi Dench, Hugh Bonneville, Sophie Okonedo, Sally Hawkins, Keeley Hawes and Tom Sturridge are also in the principal cast, as first announced in August.

"After the critical and popular success of the first part of The Hollow Crown — and seven years after we very first suggested the idea to the BBC — I am delighted to announce the start of principal photography on the second half of this magnificent epic story," said Mendes in a statement.

"Yet again we have assembled an amazing cast — led by Benedict Cumberbatch, Judi Dench, Hugh Bonneville, and Sophie Okonedo, amongst many others — under the direction of the hugely talented Dominic Cooke. I'm very excited indeed to see them all bring the rest of this astonishing story to life."
    Punkin and Florimel like this.
    KAREN

What a cast!!!!
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Oh wow. That is a cast! and my gal Judi Dench
    Punkin likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh wow. That is a cast! and my gal Judi Dench
    When Judi Dench's name come up as "also in the principal cast are ....." you know you have something special.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    When Judi Dench's name come up as "also in the principal cast are ....." you know you have something special.
    I so agree...
    momrek06 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread