+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3585125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1392
Like Tree876Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    It is a three part series. I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but they have usually run about an hour and a half.
    I read a couple of places it was 6 episodes. I guess they broke that down into three parts. If that's the case, then Part III was last night. It was an odd way to wrap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read a couple of places it was 6 episodes. I guess they broke that down into three parts. If that's the case, then Part III was last night. It was an odd way to wrap it up.
    3 episodes ..I thought it wrapped up nicely, did you maybe miss the ending Debb?
    Punkin and Florimel like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

3rd episode? Really, Really good!
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Masterpiece Mystery gives us much more to look forward to this season.

First, we'll have the new Miss Marple, (Sept 5 and 28) then the next Inspecter Lewis. (October 5-19). After that we'll finish up with "Death Comes to Pemberley. October 26 to November 2). I can't wait for that one.
    Last edited by Florimel; 09-08-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    Punkin and Fanny Mare like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Death Comes to Pemberly. October 26 to November
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I got to watch all of the episodes of "Death Comes to Pemberly" on-line a while back, and it IS GOOD.
    It's very good. I wish I had known that it was coming to PBS (in the US) because I would've waited and watched it on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    3 episodes ..I thought it wrapped up nicely, did you maybe miss the ending Debb?
    I recorded it, so I'll check and make sure, but I think I saw the ending. Maybe it's just that I didn't like the ending. lol

Somebody help me! Did Police Inspector Paul Murdock die from that injection that he was stabbed with by Dr. Enderbury when he was trying to save Otto?

And, poor Mr. Powell(?), he's obviously stuck with his crazy non-wife, due to his sense of duty. She's carrying Murdock's baby and is trying to make him feel a sense of duty to her and her son! While I liked it, it kind of ended up in the air. And, I never saw it coming that the black actor was Ange's missing husband....and, now, she's stuck with him, too!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good questions Prhoshay. I was wondering the same thing. The way Mrs. Powell was walking away very slowly, I take it that there was no hope for him, since she had no intention of calling for help. I suppose he died and they hid the body somewhere never to be found. I hope someone thought to return to the little boat and retrieve those incriminating files.

Didn't Mrs. Powell ask Mr. Powell to help her out with the pregnancy.....meaning to end it? I guess it would still be possible for Mr. Powell to eventually divorce her and hook up with the nurse he liked. And it's understandable the nurse could leave her husband, since she thought he was dead.

I read that this show was suppose to have a second season and that's why things were left so open, but as it turns out, it didn't get an second season, so the ending is rather loose.

Mrs. Powell, at first, seemed to suggest abortion, but then seemed to move on to talking about them raising the baby as their own, saying that no one would be the wiser.

And Mrs. Powell was in no hurry to get to the pub and call the ambulance, was she? I think Murdock was in that water where his son, Stewart, was found!

+ Reply to Thread