+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1014Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I'm enjoying Breathless as well!
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

It was much better than last week.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After rewatching the first episode of Breathless, I found that it was much better than most people had reported. It was more about getting used to the accent, and background story-building.....which made the second episode even better!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I also re-watched Episode 1 before watching 2 and found the longer story was making more sense. I'm almost sorry there is only one more Episode. Interesting story and great recreation of fashion styles and period times. (I would know!)

Coming to PBS.

KEN BURNS: THE ROOSEVELTS, an Intimate History. SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 14th. 8PM.

The Roosevelts: An Intimate History | Ken Burns America

THE ROOSEVELTS: AN INTIMATE HISTORY chronicles the lives of Theodore, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, three members of the most prominent and influential family in American politics. It is the first time in a major documentary television series that their individual stories have been interwoven into a single narrative. This seven-part, fourteen hour film follows the Roosevelts for more than a century, from Theodoreís birth in 1858 to Eleanorís death in 1962. Over the course of those years, Theodore would become the 26th President of the United States and his beloved niece, Eleanor, would marry his fifth cousin, Franklin, who became the 32nd President of the United States. Together, these three individuals not only redefined the relationship Americans had with their government and with each other, but also redefined the role of the United States within the wider world. The series encompasses the history the Roosevelts helped to shape: the creation of National Parks, the digging of the Panama Canal, the passage of innovative New Deal programs, the defeat of Hitler, and the postwar struggles for civil rights at home and human rights abroad. It is also an intimate human story about love, betrayal, family loyalty, personal courage and the conquest of fear.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Coming to PBS. This looks really AWESOME.

Pam Dawber to pay tribute to Robin Williams on PBS special* - NY Daily News

Pam Dawber pays Tribute to Robin Williams.

Tuesday September, 9th. 9pm. PBS.

"Mork & Mindy" star Pam Dawber is breaking her silence to remember Robin Williams in a one-hour TV special airing Tuesday on PBS.
    The actress previously released only a short statement last month in response to Williams' shocking suicide, saying she was "completely and totally devastated."
    The PBS show, titled "Robin Williams Remembered," will feature her first on-camera interview since the tragedy and include reflections on the strong bond they forged as young costars on a sitcom that became a cultural touchstone, PBS said.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Coming to PBS.

KEN BURNS: THE ROOSEVELTS, an Intimate History. SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 14th. 8PM.

The Roosevelts: An Intimate History | Ken Burns America

THE ROOSEVELTS: AN INTIMATE HISTORY chronicles the lives of Theodore, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, three members of the most prominent and influential family in American politics. It is the first time in a major documentary television series that their individual stories have been interwoven into a single narrative. This seven-part, fourteen hour film follows the Roosevelts for more than a century, from Theodore’s birth in 1858 to Eleanor’s death in 1962. Over the course of those years, Theodore would become the 26th President of the United States and his beloved niece, Eleanor, would marry his fifth cousin, Franklin, who became the 32nd President of the United States. Together, these three individuals not only redefined the relationship Americans had with their government and with each other, but also redefined the role of the United States within the wider world. The series encompasses the history the Roosevelts helped to shape: the creation of National Parks, the digging of the Panama Canal, the passage of innovative New Deal programs, the defeat of Hitler, and the postwar struggles for civil rights at home and human rights abroad. It is also an intimate human story about love, betrayal, family loyalty, personal courage and the conquest of fear.
    FINALLY! I've been waiting for this mini-series. It should be really good!
    momrek06 likes this.

I love the Ken Burns documentaries and have since I saw his first and longest one on baseball. I've seen many of the others on Amazon Prime Instant Video on my roku. I find them all to be well resarched and with a great cast of actors voicing the letters from the actual persons involved. Wonderful television for me!
    momrek06 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Was last night the last episode of Breathless? It said Part III, however, it was over one hour long, so I'm wondering if they doubled the episodes each week and made it three parts. Anyone know? If so, it was an odd way to end. I'm dying to know. They didn't show any previews for next week either.

It is a three part series. I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but they have usually run about an hour and a half.

+ Reply to Thread