+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree799Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Where are these women meeting the black men who impregnate them? They never show any black people do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Where are these women meeting the black men who impregnate them? They never show any black people do they?
    They have had a black/African family on I think it was last season. I really don't know how mixed the East End was at that time, probably not so much as I remember that one episode was how the family was facing prejudice.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    They have had a black/African family on I think it was last season. I really don't know how mixed the East End was at that time, probably not so much as I remember that one episode was how the family was facing prejudice.
    My great grandparents lived there, and people of colour lived in every other house. They lived in row housing as we see at the start
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    My great grandparents lived there, and people of colour lived in every other house. They lived in row housing as we see at the start
    Interesting. It would be nice if they showed more families of colour. I know the show is based on Jennifer Worth's memoirs but I'm not sure how closely they are following them now. I read the books and I know the first couple of seasons they did feature the stories in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Interesting. It would be nice if they showed more families of colour. I know the show is based on Jennifer Worth's memoirs but I'm not sure how closely they are following them now. I read the books and I know the first couple of seasons they did feature the stories in the books.
    In one row house, there would be at least three or four families, Perhaps that's why they choose not to show it. It wasn't a good situation and why the UK has had immigration problems for many years.

It is still really bad in certain areas, in others it is not so bad.
    -Andy Rooney-

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Something forgot to bring up last week. The Selfridge son, Gordon, has a VERY strong British accent. I can understand an American teenager might pick up a bit of one if he goes to school in England, but his is "born and bred." I found it distracting.
    tinderbox likes this.

I wasn't that impressed with Call The Midwife last night. For some reason the writing has changed. The stories are just not as intriguing anymore and it's too predictable. Anyone know what's going on. Is this their last season?

I loved Call The Midwife last night, especially when they were in the women's prison. I do hope there is another season, their characters are just wonderful
    -Andy Rooney-

I did LOL when Chummy said, she had only been on nodding terms with her inner glamour puss .I love Chummy. I also guessed those tickets were fake.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I liked it last night. The whole women's prison section was interesting. I know that Jenny Lee is going to not be on as much, but as long as Chummy is I'm happy!

+ Reply to Thread