+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree908Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Breathless { This looks promising. It's about a London hospital gynecology ward in 1961, so no doubt will take a look at women's health issues of the time. Looks promising.

I'll be tuning in -- and not just because of Jack Davenport.

Breathless, Season 1 | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS
    I ran across a little of this show and it looked rather amusing. Lots of lovers, that's for sure. I will try to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I ran across a little of this show and it looked rather amusing. Lots of lovers, that's for sure. I will try to follow it.
    Sadly it wasn't as good as I thought. I don't know if they were going for a "Mad Men meets Call the Midwife" vibe or not but the show came off unfavourably in comparison to both. ..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I started to watch it, because I thought the premise was good. But it seemed there was some stupid background music playing for the first bit that I watched. I found it distracting, and after 10 minutes didn't care enough about any of the characters to try to hear them over the music.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

The oddest thing about THIS show was that here in the OC, Masterpeice Theater was NOT on at all this past weekend.

I tried to DVR it weeks ago when I first heard about Breathless. But the OC was not airing it at all.

I am FB friends with Masterpiece Theater and went there to find out what was going on.

It appears LA, OC, and SD counties here in CALI are not getting this show until August 31st.

Some markets are calling it Masterpiece Mystery.

Anyway the reviews are TOTALLY mixed and MOSTLY NOT GOOD AT ALL.
    KAREN

I might just record it, and see how I feel. Isn't that funny about when it airs momreko6? very strange..
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I might just record it, and see how I feel. Isn't that funny about when it airs momreko6? very strange..
    It is so strange, FM, because I watch allot of PBS shows and I could NOT figure out why (all of a sudden) on my PBS CHANNEL I could not find MT.

So thankfully, FB cleared it up for me.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    KAREN

Thanks for that info!
    momrek06 likes this.

I my market, it's on Masterpiece Mystery, which is different from Masterpiece Theater and from Masterpiece Classic. I find I must search for all three in order to find and record the different shows.

I have three episodes of Breathless, which I think is followed by a new group ofMiss Marple.

Not sure how I feel about Breathless yet but I'll probably stick with it for three episodes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I initially saw a later episode of Breathless and was intrigued. Then, last week, I saw the first episode and really liked it. I'm hooked. It seems I like it more than most here.

The only thing about Breathless that really bothered me were the scenes of the interns that follow the doctor around in the hospital. They act like cartoon characters or something. It's not amusing, humorous, or anything that adds interest. It's just annoying. They could lose those scenes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night's Breathless was much better than the first one.

I found the interns following the docs around realistic. I don't think it was gratuitous. I think this is the way that things were done, back in the day....just like the docs smoking heavily in the hospital.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread