+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I saw Jeremy Piven on Jimmy Fallon's show last night. He said he would start filming season 3 of Mr. Selfridge shortly. He mentioned that he had 12 weeks to grow a beard, so I guess that's about when filming starts.

I learned a lot about him that I hadn't known and found I have a lot in common with him and that his mother was his first acting teacher and still runs lines with him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Again I enjoyed Call the Midwife. What a sad story with the mixed race baby! I really thought the Doctor and Sheila (Its spelled differently then this) were going to keep it! I wanted them too as they are having problems having a baby.
    A story about the same subject matter was shown during an episode of the first season so I was surprised they chose to do it again. I felt so sad for the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    A story about the same subject matter was shown during an episode of the first season so I was surprised they chose to do it again. I felt so sad for the woman.
    That's right!! didn't they keep the baby though?
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

^ Yeah. In the first episode, the baby was obviously not the husband's but the husband's response was to say he was the most beautiful thing ever. Never even mentioned the dark skin, the baby not being his or anything....it's like he couldn't see it (though it was very obvious so he must have, just not apparent by his reaction). He was also quite a bit older than his wife and this was his first child. It's like he was so happy to have a baby he couldn't care about its origins. Markedly different reaction from the husband in the latest episode. It was a different situation also in that in the earlier episode the woman had married the man because he could provide a good life for her and the children she already had. She was more fond of him than in love with him going into the marriage. She had started to love him and realize how fortunate she was by the time she had the baby; his reaction just cemented that further. Whereas with the current episode the woman had been married to her husband for some time. He was a bully and she had strayed from the marriage. You could tell that their marriage was only going to get worse afterward, as opposed to in the other situation.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-08-2014 at 10:35 PM.
    prhoshay, AZChristian and Debb70 like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Okay, I may be WAY off in what I think (wouldn't be the first time) . . . but I'm wondering if Rose's new friend has an interest in her that's more than friendship and money. I guess we'll find out.
    I will admit that my mind did go there, too!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Ordered my tickets this morning to see the Downton Abbey Costume Exhibit at Winterthur, DE in September.
    Punkin likes this.

That sounds like fun. I would consider it, but it's a little far for me, unless I flew. Maybe it'll come closer eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Ordered my tickets this morning to see the Downton Abbey Costume Exhibit at Winterthur, DE in September.
    I didn't know they had one. Lucky you!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    ^ Yeah. In the first episode, the baby was obviously not the husband's but the husband's response was to say he was the most beautiful thing ever. Never even mentioned the dark skin, the baby not being his or anything....it's like he couldn't see it (though it was very obvious so he must have, just not apparent by his reaction). He was also quite a bit older than his wife and this was his first child. It's like he was so happy to have a baby he couldn't care about its origins. Markedly different reaction from the husband in the latest episode. It was a different situation also in that in the earlier episode the woman had married the man because he could provide a good life for her and the children she already had. She was more fond of him than in love with him going into the marriage. She had started to love him and realize how fortunate she was by the time she had the baby; his reaction just cemented that further. Whereas with the current episode the woman had been married to her husband for some time. He was a bully and she had strayed from the marriage. You could tell that their marriage was only going to get worse afterward, as opposed to in the other situation.
    That first episode was one of my favorites. The wife didn't know what a treasure she had in her husband until the baby was born. He see the baby's color, with his eyes, but I believe he couldn't "see" color with his heart. ANd he had to have really adored his wife as well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That sounds like fun. I would consider it, but it's a little far for me, unless I flew. Maybe it'll come closer eventually.
    Hubby enjoys visiting baseball parks, so when I mentioned we could work in games in DC, Baltimore, and Philadelphia . . . he was all for it. And he loves DA, too, so I know he'll enjoy the exhibit.

Opportunities like this are why I'm so diligent about putting everything on our Southwest credit card and paying it off every month. Free airfare!!!
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread