+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree908Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I personally wouldn't go that far -- it has faults, but I wouldn't take it to the extreme of choking off funding when faced with the rest of TV.
    Critical likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The Escape Artist | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS

Sunday June 15th and Sunday June 22nd.

David Tennant (Broadchurch, Doctor Who) stars as a defense lawyer with a perfect record of courtroom wins and a perfect family to go with it—until things go horribly wrong.

Written by thriller master David Wolstencroft (MI-5), The Escape Artist airs in two adrenaline-fueled episodes.

Co-starring in this legal cliff-hanger are Sophie Okonedo (Hotel Rwanda) as Tennant’s professional nemesis, Ashley Jensen (Extras) as the hero’s endearing wife, and Toby Kebbell (Wrath of the Titans) as an accused murderer who is either a persecuted misfit or a dangerous psychopath.

“If you’re chained up in a safe at the bottom of a shark tank,” quips a high-placed barrister in Episode 1, “you call for Houdini.”

He means his wizard of a colleague, Will Burton (Tennant), ranked as the top young criminal lawyer in the UK and destined for silk—the honor of Queen’s Counsel—as soon as he finds the time to apply for it.

Ranked as second-best barrister is Will’s perennial rival, Maggie Gardner (Okonedo), who finds herself out-argued once again, as she sees her latest prosecution case go down in flames to a stirring defense by Will.

Lost amid their intellectual one-upmanship is an appreciation for the wrecked lives they are manipulating in their courtroom games.

But all that is about to change...

NOTE: DUE TO RIGHTS RESTRICTIONS, THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE STREAMING.
    pteney and inthegarden like this.
    KAREN

Looking forward to this..
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've been waiting eagerly for this one.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

A reminder that PBS's summer Masterpiece season starts this Sunday with the legal drama, The Escape Artist. It stars David Tennant (that's all I need to watch!) and Sophie Okonedo.

The Escape Artist | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Thanks for the reminder!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I enjoyed The Escape Artist part I. I sure didn't want anything to happen to Katie.
    What a creep. I don't know how attorney's defend people who are guilty.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate that The Escape Artist is not showing their full episodes on line.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I saw that. Will they replay it on your PBS station?

I'm looking forward to Fredrick Law Olmstead - Designing America. I had to study his designs in college. Fantastic! My favorite picture of him is hanging at The Biltmore in Asheville, NC. If I could sit down and talk to someone that has died, he would be the first person on my list.
    Punkin likes this.

Thanks for letting me know about the program on Olmstead, inthegarden! He designed the grounds for the 1893 World's Colombian Exhibition in Chicago. One of my favorite books is Devil in the White City, Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair that Changed America http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...il%2Caps%2C312, an account of the building of the Fair in Chicago, an enormous feat by the top architects of the time! The "Devil" in the title refers to a cunning serial killer who used the fair to lure in his dozens of victims. The juxtaposition of the two makes for a fascinating story.

+ Reply to Thread