+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree904Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

  1. #1251
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Loved the scene in Mr. Selfridge where he pretty much told Delphine not to let the door hit her in the butt as she was sent out of his store.

  2. #1252
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,810

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Loved the scene in Mr. Selfridge where he pretty much told Delphine not to let the door hit her in the butt as she was sent out of his store.
    Me too! the wench!
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #1253
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,658

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Call The Midwife was a hard one for me to watch last night. It brought back too many memories; it was well done, though. The acting was superb. It was incredibly touching when the doctor and his wife got their baby last night! Most precious. I wanted to see a little more interaction between the baby and her big brother, though. We got to see both ends of the spectrum of life. Loved seeing the dying grandmother holding and being tender with her grandson. Too bad he will have no memories of her.

    I still have to watch Mr. Selfridge.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #1254
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,810

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Call The Midwife was a hard one for me to watch last night. It brought back too many memories; it was well done, though. The acting was superb. It was incredibly touching when the doctor and his wife got their baby last night! Most precious. I wanted to see a little more interaction between the baby and her big brother, though. We got to see both ends of the spectrum of life. Loved seeing the dying grandmother holding and being tender with her grandson. Too bad he will have no memories of her.

    I still have to watch Mr. Selfridge.
    My heart went out to Chummy, it really did. What a lovely man married.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #1255
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    My heart went out to Chummy, it really did. What a lovely man married.
    Didn't she just? She really got a treasure in him and he in her. I have to say I cried quite a bit last night. Miranda Hart was excellent. It made sense to have the send off for Jenny this way.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  6. #1256
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,810

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Didn't she just? She really got a treasure in him and he in her. I have to say I cried quite a bit last night. Miranda Hart was excellent. It made sense to have the send off for Jenny this way.
    Yes, a nice send off for Jenny. I loved that Shelagh and her hubby have their baby. I cried as well, the happy and the sad.
    libgirl2 and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #1257
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,843

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Call The Midwife really pulled it out on their finale. The show has suffered most of this season, but the finale was a jewel! I loved it. It was well written and so emotional. I cried throughout the show.

    I am curious about the change of career by Jenny. Is that in the book? Did the real girl do that? What city was Jenny moving to? I tried to locate where the Marie Curry hospital was, but apparently they were all over the UK according to this article I found.

    http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/Documen...foundation.pdf

    There's another season right?

  8. #1258
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,658

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Isn't this hospice named for the famous Mme. Marie Curie?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #1259
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,810

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Call The Midwife really pulled it out on their finale. The show has suffered most of this season, but the finale was a jewel! I loved it. It was well written and so emotional. I cried throughout the show.

    I am curious about the change of career by Jenny. Is that in the book? Did the real girl do that? What city was Jenny moving to? I tried to locate where the Marie Curry hospital was, but apparently they were all over the UK according to this article I found.

    http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/Documen...foundation.pdf

    There's another season right?
    Yes, there is another season
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #1260
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Call The Midwife really pulled it out on their finale. The show has suffered most of this season, but the finale was a jewel! I loved it. It was well written and so emotional. I cried throughout the show.

    I am curious about the change of career by Jenny. Is that in the book? Did the real girl do that? What city was Jenny moving to? I tried to locate where the Marie Curry hospital was, but apparently they were all over the UK according to this article I found.

    http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/Documen...foundation.pdf

    There's another season right?
    She did go into hospice/end of life care and even wrote a book about it, In the Midst of Life.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.