+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree851Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    When you think of it, the show skips over a lot of key moments that most other tv shows would linger over. We jump fromMathew lying dead on the road to months later, and the same with Edith and her pregnancy. They just skip over some funerals and baby's being born. But with so much going on, you don't really norice.
    True -- it's both the blessing and the curse of doing only 8 or 9 episodes a year. They have to pick and choose which events to show carefully.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kept waiting for Rosamund to reveal that she, too, had given birth to a child. I'm thinking that the jury is still out on that one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think they used to call it "henna rinse" back in those days. LOL. I could easily be adding up 1 + 1 and getting 3 . . . but speculating is half the fun!

A tad OT...

I saw Non Stop today. I noticed Michelle Dockery's English accent, in the movie, isn't as strong as we hear it in Downton Abbey. Interesting! I enjoyed watching her play a different part in a current day time frame.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    A tad OT...

I saw Non Stop today. I noticed Michelle Dockery's English accent, in the movie, isn't as strong as we hear it in Downton Abbey. Interesting! I enjoyed watching her play a different part in a current day time frame.
    I noticed in the previews for NonStop that MD's English accent seems to be completely different. I suppose we have different regional accents here in the US (southern, midwestern, NewYork, etc) so it would make sense MD may have a different (for lack of a better word) "accent" when speaking than Lady Mary does.

I also think in real life the woman who plays Edith (is it Laura Carmichael? trying from memory) is very beautiful IMO - quite a contrast to Lady Edith who is portrayed as a bit of a plain Jane.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Am I the only person who thinks there is a lot of Sybil in Miss Bunting?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sybil was elegant and had class. Miss Bunting doesn't. Aside from an interest in politics, I don't see any similarities
    Florimel and Moontat like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    there is something in her personality , that reminds me of her, and to some extent she does Tom as well, I think- jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There is something in her personality , that reminds me of her a little, and to some extent she does Tom as well, I think- jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sybil was elegant and had class. Miss Bunting doesn't. Aside from an interest in politics, I don't see any similarities
    I wasn't really talking about the superficialities. The woman seems to have a mind of her own and be determined to do her own thing.
    redsox girl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread